Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

You guys no good places to download music for your computer

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 03:24 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You guys no good places to download music for your computer

Well I just got a new computer. It's pretty much a high end gaming system that's meant to perform from games to multimedia to really anything.
NZXT Apollo gaming case
Amd athlon 64 x2 5600
4 gigs of ram Corsair XMS2 extreme with heat spreader
600 watt Nvidia SLI certified PSU
Asus M2N 570 SLI mobo
eVGA Nvidia 8800 GTS 320 mb video card
Thermaltake Max orb processor cooling ( it was gonna be liquid cooled but they sent it with this instead and it's actually an upgrade over liquid so hey hey freebie)
320 gb hard drive
Windows Vista ultimate 64-bit
All in all it's been a great computer in the first few days. the only issues have been with getting programs to work with vista 64-bit. which is extremely hard to get compatable programs for. I got it from a place called Ibuypower.com they basically sell the comptuer for not much more than it costs to buy the parts and software and put it together yourself. All in all they did a great job i'm very happy with it the thing is an absolute beast. I've been playing Age of empires 3 on all full graphics and i can hardly make it lag at all. the only way I found to even get a slight dip in my framerate was to be in a battle with hundreds of units and be moving the cursor adn scrolling the screen back and forth as fast as possible. whici is retarded to do anyway cuz you can't see anything when you're scrolling across the screen as fast as possible. I recommend them to anyone who wants a great computer but doesn't want to pay the price that dell,alienware,voodoo and others want.

now to the big question. where are good places to download music. doesn't need to be free in fact preferably not because i aint tryin to ruin my 2200 dollar rig by just slapping some pos program and getting it full of spyware and viruses. even though i have Norton full security on I still aint tryin to get it messed up. i did like itunes but my HD crashed on the old computer and i didn't have a raid drive to back it up with and itunes basically said sorry we can't help you get it back. (even though they have records of all the music i bought from em and they can tell if it's on the computer because JIC your internet dies in the middle of a downlaod you can tell the program to scan for the song and if it aint there it downloads it. but once it's been downloaded you're screwed. so i'm looking somewhere else. I kinda liked rhapsody until i saw you have to pay 15 gbux a month and pay for the songs. i'll do one or the other but both aint worth it.

any recommendations appreciated guys.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker
Default RE: You guys no good places to download music for your computer

Walmart. $0.88 per download and the music files aren't protected like they are from iTunes.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Ben D.
Champion

really see that sounds like a good idea. Yea Itunes i'm not so fond of if I bought it i want to own it not "rent it" I'll have to check them out.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:16 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on your mobile player, go with napster. $10 a month for unlimited downloads. But it does not work with iPods. Go to there website and see if your player works before signing up.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

try limewire, me and all my friends use it. free n really easy to use. loads right into media player also.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Ben D.
Champion

^^^^ yeaaaaa but limewire has a lot of security issues in their past I just typed them in on google and blauw tons of issues. mebbe on my old dell but not my new rig.

Napster unlimited downloads 10 $ that sounds good. can you burn them to a cd that's what i normally do. don't have a mp3 player and only listen to music in my jeep or on my computer. napster is legal i'm guessing since you pay for it now.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:33 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

Rhapsody... Not bad.....

Old 08-24-2007, 11:20 AM
dodgepartsman
Rookie

easynews.com $10.00 per month for I believe 2 gb of downloads. Every kind of music download imaginable there. Plus other things too.

Quick Reply: You guys no good places to download music for your computer