Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

WTF?????????? Spanish AD?????????

Old 09-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Chaz Fish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WTF?????????? Spanish AD?????????

ORIGINAL: Horseapples

3 handicap? GEEZE! remind me, if I ever get stupid,that i dont want to play golf with you!
Yea, but the big summbiotch cheats, he's like 6'3" and 270lbs. Drives it regularly 300+ yards, seen him drive it 340 yards! Can't chip to save his A-S though. He eagled a 478yd. par 5 a couple of weeks ago with driver,gap wedge to 5 ft.
I'm a 1 handicap with a great short game, we rule 2 man scrambles when we play together.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator

I, myself, feel that English needs to be the primary language in this country. It costs tax $$$ to have signs, forms, etc... in more than one language. The thing that bothers me is that most other immigrants have come here, learned English, and work hard to assimilate. Just an observation.

You can't speak another language, than the majority of "your" new country and complain about racism. You're separating yourselves with language and therefor, are alienated for it.

Latin-Americans, have contributed much to our culture. I'd just like to see them blending in to the "melting pot" a little better, instead of conspiring to reclaim the United States (as they say) as if it was their's for the taking. That train of thought only generates problems.

Why is this topic on Dodge Forum? Oh yeah, the advertisement. It's all about money. It's another demographic. You've just gotta ask, "Why aren't there any ads, in French, German, Japanese, ect...?"

Anywho, I'm not trying to **** anyone off. I'm just being honest. My wife is Mexican and shares my views on the language issue. Bottom line is...you can't do anything about it, so you may as well move on.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Brother Rob

I, myself, feel that English needs to be the primary language in this country. It costs tax $$$ to have signs, forms, etc... in more than one language. The thing that bothers me is that most other immigrants have come here, learned English, and work hard to assimilate. Just an observation.

You can't speak another language, than the majority of "your" new country and complain about racism. You're separating yourselves with language and therefor, are alienated for it.

Latin-Americans, have contributed much to our culture. I'd just like to see them blending in to the "melting pot" a little better, instead of conspiring to reclaim the United States (as they say) as if it was their's for the taking. That train of thought only generates problems.

Why is this topic on Dodge Forum? Oh yeah, the advertisement. It's all about money. It's another demographic. You've just gotta ask, "Why aren't there any ads, in French, German, Japanese, ect...?"

Anywho, I'm not trying to **** anyone off. I'm just being honest. My wife is Mexican and shares my views on the language issue. Bottom line is...you can't do anything about it, so you may as well move on.
I agree with you. I have quite a few friends here at college that were born in other countries and learned English as a second language. You know, they all speak it perfectly, now why don't all the people complaining we need everything in Spanish too suck it up and learn English like everyone else. If I moved to oh, let's say Russia for instance, I wouldn't sit there and complain that everyone should speak English, I'd struggle through the first few months and learn the language. Nobody wants to put any effort into anything nowadays, they want life handed to them on a platter but someone has to work to prepare that platter...

Old 09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

WTF??????

Why is there a spanish advertisement at the top of the page??????????????????????????
Get used to it because it's only going to get worse for your case. Spanish made that Hemi of yours also

Old 09-30-2007, 01:21 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

this was a can of worms I couldn't pass up. Last I checked, our national language was English....do you think it would be acceptable for me to move to some place like Mexico, or some other country, and then not take the time to learn their language so that I can correctly communicate with them!? Welcome the United States, please pickup your Beginning to English book.......yeah...it pisses me off too. I did a speech in my speech a subject very close to this; and when I see someone who i KNOW is on welfare it ticks me off! One of my clients, their neighbors live on welfare, just had their 8th baby (the more babies you make the more money you get), and all I ever see them doing is like sitting around outside putting freakin glass breaking sound systems in their cars! It's like, if you're able to do that, you're able to GET A JOB! OK maybe I should stop before I write a novel about this....

[IMG]local://upfiles/24683/B924A07584A84A5CAF0912548490918A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Chopper1
All Star

First off I'd like to say to Dustylions, NICE TIE.
Now that I've got past that vissual, as one of our earlier presidents said.
Theodore Roosevelt -

"Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country."

We are a melting pot, with our foundation being the English Constitution and Decleration of Independence. We would still be having this arguement if 3/4ths of the 12-20million illegal immigrants were from Germany, France, China, etc. and those refusing the adopt the lanquage of the country they adopted.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:54 PM
frankie12
Veteran

I think that having to know spanish for a job is also a bunch of BS! Luckily that trend has not hit michigan yet. That question does pop up in job interviews but I have never seen it required.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:08 PM
teva_feet
Professional

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTF?????????? Spanish AD?????????