Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

WTF?????????? Spanish AD?????????

Old 09-22-2007, 07:10 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTF?????????? Spanish AD?????????

WTF??????

Why is there a spanish advertisement at the top of the page??????????????????????????

Autos Usados de Toyota
Visita Compra un Toyota y encuentra Toyota Usuados. www.compratutoyota.com[/align]

This is America Dang It.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:16 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Default RE: WTF?????????? Spanish AD?????????

not as bad as seeing GM ad in a dodgeforum..

Old 09-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning

Not all the members are Americans. Not all the members speak English as a first language.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:43 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Maybe so, but this kinda stuff still gets to me, and it's personal.
When my mom was diagnosed with cancer, I had no choice but to give up my technology job, as I traveled the southeast. She was care-giver to my step-dad who suffered a stroke, so I have to care for both until she is done with chemo and recovers. So, anyway, I move from Ga. to Fla. & apply for a technology position with the local school district. I AM THE LONE MCSE up for a network tech. position, and did not get it, as the position required a bilingual who spoke spanish. Here I lose out to a less qualified candidate, in my own country, because I can't speak spanish. Why in the hell does a computer network technician, in a school district in the U.S. have to speak spanish? So now, I'm trying to make ends meet, making about $40,000 less a year as an asst. golf pro, because I don't have to speak spanish to teach golf. Just have about a 3handicap!
Anyway, that's my rant for the day...

Old 09-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Max Power
Professional

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

When my mom was diagnosed with cancer, I had no choice but to give up my technology job, as I traveled the southeast. She was care-giver to my step-dad who suffered a stroke, so I have to care for both until she is done with chemo and recovers. So, anyway, I move from Ga. to Fla. & apply for a technology position with the local school district. I AM THE LONE MCSE up for a network tech. position, and did not get it, as the position required a bilingual who spoke spanish. Here I lose out to a less qualified candidate, in my own country, because I can't speak spanish. Why in the hell does a computer network technician, in a school district in the U.S. have to speak spanish? So now, I'm trying to make ends meet, making about $40,000 less a year as an asst. golf pro, because I don't have to speak spanish to teach golf. Just have about a 3handicap!
That sucks.

As for the advertisement, somebody just want to sell cars to people who speak spanish, I guess.....

Old 09-22-2007, 08:27 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, don't even think about moving to Texas for any other job than maybe a burger flipper or a security guard. At least half of the jobs in the San Antonio newspaper either require bilingual or say it is highly preferred/desired. The last time I had a "white" supervisor was when I worked in North Carolina at an electronics company.....I'm learning spanish by shopping for groceries.......many of the labels are bilingual

Dusty

Old 09-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

3 handicap? GEEZE! remind me, if I ever get stupid,that i dont want to play golf with you!

Old 09-22-2007, 11:07 PM
ed4733

Hey don't try moving here to the New Orleans area. Since the hurricane everything is turning bilingual. And in some places you can't find anyone to help you that you can understand. If you try to go to Mexico for instance you better speak the language, because they won't even try to translate.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

Man that sucks, needing to be bilingual for a job? that's total BS

Old 09-23-2007, 05:03 AM
ed4733

Yeah, but some don't even speak English as a second language. I guess it just as frustrating for them. We have 2 guys at our office, from Honduras, and they both speak English, but the service manager has a thick accent. He was on the phone with one of our customers and I was at the customers office too. When the conversation was over the customer handed the phone to me because they did not understand everything that was said.The customer wanted me to find out what he said. I told the customer to ask him who taught him to speak english,he said that ED did. So now the customeraskedme if that's true,I said yeah but I don't speakspanish, He knows how to have fun with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTF?????????? Spanish AD?????????