Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

AVI to MP3 Change Program

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AVI to MP3 Change Program

I am buying an MP3 player for my wife and daughter for Christmas but the music they get into is all on CD's and the last time I copied and audio cd all of the files were saved as AVI filesthat were huge in comparison to an MP3 file. Does anyone know of a program that saves AVI's into and MP3 format, preferably free.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Nofrag
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AVI to MP3 Change Program

Windows media player. Put the cd in and wmp will give you the option to copy it to the library, as it's doing that, it converts them to mp3 as part of the process.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:02 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

another free online option

http://www.mediaconverter.org/

Old 10-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Pirata
Champion

Rock on with Media Player, now does there need to a specific version of Media Player? I think I curently have Windows Media Player 10.. Also what is the tab and command I need to nclick when I am in media player? This closest I was under FILE - SAVE AS, FILE - ADD TO LIBRARYor under TOOLS - PLUG IN - CONVERT AUDIO. Currently I am watching a DVD, could I save this into my video library too? Thanks.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Pirata

I am buying an MP3 player for my wife and daughter for Christmas but the music they get into is all on CD's and the last time I copied and audio cd all of the files were saved as AVI filesthat were huge in comparison to an MP3 file. Does anyone know of a program that saves AVI's into and MP3 format, preferably free.
What program were you using?!?!?! The default ripping file for CD's is a .wav file, which would result in super huge files. Like Nofrag stated, use Windows Media Player. It doesnt matter which version, although I'd recommend using WMP 11, as its the easiest.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Rock on with Media Player, now does there need to a specific version of Media Player? I think I curently have Windows Media Player 10.. Also what is the tab and command I need to nclick when I am in media player? This closest I was under FILE - SAVE AS, FILE - ADD TO LIBRARYor under TOOLS - PLUG IN - CONVERT AUDIO. Currently I am watching a DVD, could I save this into my video library too? Thanks.
You cant rip DVD's with WMP, but there are other programs out there that you could do so with.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Pirata
Champion

You're right, WAV files, I was mistaken. However, please use a little less technical language, I have no idea what it means to rip.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:44 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

You're right, WAV files, I was mistaken. However, please use a little less technical language, I have no idea what it means to rip.
Ripping is the act of making a digital copy of your CD. Your essentially "ripping" the files off the CD in order to make a .mp3, .aac, or .wav file.

Windows Media Player 11 has a section that specifically says Rip Music under the Tools/Options section.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:34 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker

I am using WMP 10, and it does fine. Select tools, options, the rip tab musicand ensure MP3 is selected in the drop down. At the bottom, select the quality you want (it effects the file size). I use 256K. At the top, you can select where you want to save the files after they are ripped. Hit ok and select the rip tab on the media player main menu. Insert the disk and let her run.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:44 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: kurts2

I am using WMP 10, and it does fine. Select tools, options, the rip tab musicand ensure MP3 is selected in the drop down. At the bottom, select the quality you want (it effects the file size). I use 256K. At the top, you can select where you want to save the files after they are ripped. Hit ok and select the rip tab on the media player main menu. Insert the disk and let her run.
+1

It's the same setup in WMP 11.... 128k for CD burning is fine, if your going to do MP3 quality, you want between 160-256k, but this also increases the file sizes as well.... I typically set mine for 192 and call it a day.

Quick Reply: AVI to MP3 Change Program