Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Make XP Look Like Vista Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:59 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Make XP Look Like Vista Ultimate

I just installed this "Vista Transformation Pack" onto my XP Pro machine, and I must say, I'm quite impressed. If you like the new Vista/Aero GUI, but dont like the new Vista OS then check this out.

http://www.windowsxlive.net/index.php?page_id=15

Old 03-04-2008, 09:24 PM
2007 SLT Hemi Power
Professional
Default RE: Make XP Look Like Vista Ultimate

looks nice ...

Old 03-05-2008, 01:39 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

why not just get vista. it is far superior and it isnt limited to the visual advances.

btw why do they refer to it as looking like vista ultimate. does it have dreamscene? ultimate doesnt really have any visual advantages over premium

Old 03-05-2008, 07:36 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

why not just get vista. it is far superior and it isnt limited to the visual advances.

btw why do they refer to it as looking like vista ultimate. does it have dreamscene? ultimate doesnt really have any visual advantages over premium
Dreamscene can be made to run on a few versions of Vista, but it's only intended for Vista Ultimate.

Nick, sometimes people want the look without the go fast behind it. This is why people sell bodykits and crap for cars, because its not always how fast you go....but if you can do it in style

Old 03-05-2008, 11:29 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm, I agree with Nick

Buy Vista and slap SP1 on it.

With that said I am waiting on a new PC bfore I get Vista at home. My PC is 12-18 months away from being replaced, no sense in spending the $$ on it, will just get a OEM copy with my new PC. That PC will last 4 years, then a new OS will be out again.....

Old 03-05-2008, 04:30 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

dont know about jumping at sp1 just yet, but now that i have been using vista for about 1/2 a year whenever i use a computer with xp i just feel so limited in what i can do. its weird. dont get me wrong i loved xp and would rather switch back to xp that then ever touch a mac. windows xp was great, but vista just offers so much more.

i guess money would be the best reason not to switch to vista. but people who use a labtop at bestbuy with vista for 10 minutes shouldnt be trashing vista. first off those computers are ****ed before they even come out of the package because of all the bull**** the manufacters throw in them. im not saying u are one of the anti-vista people, im just bitching out loud about the situation in general.

that is a cool ad-on to xp. enjoy.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be looking into that if I switch back to xp. I like the look and overall I like vista but there are some serious issues with vista and nvidia's drivers right now for some users (myself included). Just google "nvlddmkm" and you'll see what I mean. Sadly SP1 seems to have made it even worse although I will hold off final judgement on that till I get the chance to completely remove the drivers and do a fresh install of them. I'm sick of my screens going blank for 2 seconds then seeing that message when I'm gaming...

Old 03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Altair

I may be looking into that if I switch back to xp. I like the look and overall I like vista but there are some serious issues with vista and nvidia's drivers right now for some users (myself included). Just google "nvlddmkm" and you'll see what I mean. Sadly SP1 seems to have made it even worse although I will hold off final judgement on that till I get the chance to completely remove the drivers and do a fresh install of them. I'm sick of my screens going blank for 2 seconds then seeing that message when I'm gaming...
I'm one of those with an Nvidia card who isnt having the issues, but I have seen and know about what you are referring to......

Upgrade your card and say F*** IT

Old 03-06-2008, 12:11 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i have a 8600gt and have zero problems. also the labtop has the 8400m gs and is problem free.

derrick is the geforce 9xxx series going to be directx 10.1?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: Altair

I'm one of those with an Nvidia card who isnt having the issues, but I have seen and know about what you are referring to......

Upgrade your card and say F*** IT
I'm pretty low on cash right now, and honestly it is not worth upgrading the video card on this rig, I'll get rid of it and build a whole new one first considering I can't upgrade the ram or processor much beyond what they are. Frankly 2x 7900GS cards should not be having any issues running Vista, not to mention I've seen a lot of posts from people with 8800 series and newer having problems too [&:]. My laptop has 7600go and it has no issues, this comp will give the error watching .avi files sometimes. Only way to keep it from happening (for the most part) is to go into ntune and turn both fans up to 100% (which makes it sound like a vacuum cleaner). The cards idle near 60C and don't go much higher when I'm getting the error so I'm pretty sure it's not overheating. Not getting any artifacts or other symptoms of overheating either.

Quick Reply: Make XP Look Like Vista Ultimate