Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Save XP

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:05 PM
2007 SLT Hemi Power
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-13-2008, 09:24 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Save XP

Blah... Now that SP1 is out for Vista I am fully on the Vista band wagon. Much better than XP.

For those that are upset because maybe their software or hardware does not work with Vista, I ask you to go back to 2002.What happened when XP was released, the same thing. People just do not recall it.

With this said I am not upgrading my almost 4 year old PC. Why bother? The cost of the OS to run on older hardware, not worth it. Wait and get it OEM with a new machine, but by no means buy a new machine with XP....

Old 04-13-2008, 09:26 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Forgot to add

No, I do not work for Microsoft

Yes, I do work in IT

I have been running Vista for 8months on a PC almost 3 years oldat work and before SP1. Yes, it was bad without SP1.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:48 PM
2007 SLT Hemi Power
Professional

I have Vista Ultimate, but XP is faster. I am trying to learn Linux, right now I am testing Fedora on my machine.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:50 PM
2007 SLT Hemi Power
Professional

I think Vista Business ran better than Vista Ultimate on my computer.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:17 PM
hokiefan104
Record Breaker

i will save XP as long as my computer box is still working. once i build a new one i am going to dual boot Vista (or Windows 7 if it's out then) and either Ubuntu or Fedora. XP is going to die out, not much anyone can do about it. Software companies can't make as much money updating old software as they can getting people to purchase new software.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:39 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

booo xp.... yay vista

Old 04-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

Blah... Now that SP1 is out for Vista I am fully on the Vista band wagon. Much better than XP.

For those that are upset because maybe their software or hardware does not work with Vista, I ask you to go back to 2002.What happened when XP was released, the same thing. People just do not recall it.

With this said I am not upgrading my almost 4 year old PC. Why bother? The cost of the OS to run on older hardware, not worth it. Wait and get it OEM with a new machine, but by no means buy a new machine with XP....
Vista has a lot of things I like but it still runs slower than XP even after tweaking. SP1 helped with that but it didn't close the gap completely. Also even though my hardware is fully capable for Vista I'm still having the accursed nkdvdlm driver stopped responding and was restarted issue many Nvidia users are still having problems with. Best anyone can determine it's related to either Vista's handling of graphics for the DRM crap or Nvidia simply doesn't know how to code a decent driver...

Old 04-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Its a much larger OS. You need twice the RAM.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:31 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Altair

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

Vista has a lot of things I like but it still runs slower than XP even after tweaking. SP1 helped with that but it didn't close the gap completely. Also even though my hardware is fully capable for Vista I'm still having the accursed nkdvdlm driver stopped responding and was restarted issue many Nvidia users are still having problems with. Best anyone can determine it's related to either Vista's handling of graphics for the DRM crap or Nvidia simply doesn't know how to code a decent driver...
It runs smoother for me then XP did, but I'm not using Vista to game either......

Are you still having issues with that damn driver? Dude, seriously...try another video card.... I'm running an 8800 and have zero issues...

Quick Reply: Save XP