Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 04:53 PM
MEINEKEMAN1
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS.

Not trying to **** anyone off here,b ut have noticed that it seems li ke there are only a couple of mods here that welcome new members,Dustyloins being one of them.

Im new to these boards and can't say that I know a lot about them,b ut it just would seem li ke a good "BUSINESS" practice for the entire staff to welcome new members.

I think it would really make members feel more at home and more at ease to open up.

Just a suggestion and im sorry if I offended anyone.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS.

Every "staff member" except for two, are volunteers and they cant be expected or forced to do any of that. Some dont have enough time, some stick to their own sections etc. I for one, dont feel the need to say "welcome to the site" 78 million times. I already post too much.

Also, with the recent forum bugs, people have been posting less. I welcome members when I see that we have something in common, or I see something that makes me want to post.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:13 PM
MEINEKEMAN1
Captain

ORIGINAL: Midnight

Every "staff member" except for two, are volunteers and they cant be expected or forced to do any of that. Some dont have enough time, some stick to their own sections etc. I for one, dont feel the need to say "welcome to the site" 78 million times. I already post too much.

Also, with the recent forum bugs, people have been posting less. I welcome members when I see that we have something in common, or I see something that makes me want to post.

I understand that you are volunteers,but as staff for the board,you are required to be here anyway so how much time does it take to say "HELLO" and "WELCOME TO THE SITE"?

I can understand how you feel about repeating it so many times,b ut if you're here anyway,isn't it to post and as staff make others want to post as well?

Please don't take this as a disrespect towards you or anyone else here.Just my opinions and suggestions.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:15 PM
MEINEKEMAN1
Captain

Again,just as im new here and noticed this,im sure others have as well.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:53 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would rather that the mods spend their time keeping the forums cleaned up and answering tech questions than being the internet version of the old guys at walmart.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:31 AM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i would rather that the mods spend their time keeping the forums cleaned up and answering tech questions than being the internet version of the old guys at walmart.
+1

Old 08-01-2008, 08:08 AM
MEINEKEMAN1
Captain

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

Understood and respected.

Just an idea and opinion.With so many boards out there,I just figured it was such a small thing to do,but would go a long way.As I said,dustyloins seems to welcome everyone and still helps keep the board clean.

I couldn't see a down side to it.

But as I said,im new to the boards and am not really up on protocol I guess.Just an observation from someone who runs a business.Real world and internet different I guess.

Please don't take offense as I am in no way dis-respecting anyone here,and im sorry if I came across that way.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:18 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been around for over a year and I see new members getting welcomed everywhere and in all kinds of ways. It can be in the newbie forum area or in a specific generation subforum. I don't think there is a newbie that comes that doesn't receive a respectful "WELCOME TO THE FORUM" from several members and moderators.

Some mods will see a newbie posting in a subforum. Get a welcome to the forum as well as get his questions answered at the same time. There is no reason to keep that post moved to the top just by saying hello.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:00 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm with L&R on this one, I always make it a point to greet anyone new within the sections I frequent and if I can answer their question, I'll do it within the same post...

Old 08-01-2008, 12:20 PM
MEINEKEMAN1
Captain

I didn't know there was another forum for greeting members.As I said,im new to this and have a lot to learn.

Sorry if I made waves.

Quick Reply: WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS.