Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

the forums new look... I dont like it

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:50 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy the forums new look... I dont like it

I really dont like the way the forum looks now, the way the threads are listed, the way the gallery works, the attachments... any of it. It is just not as easy and simple to read as it was before. Simple is always better and this new version just isnt it. I have been a member here for 4 years and fairly active but honestly for the last couple months since the change, I just find it very difficult to navigate around as easily as it was before. I am not against change but only if it is for the better. I am also a member of many other forums and most use a look and feel that was similar to the old forum look which is more universally useable.

What happened that required the changeover to this new look? It really upsets me since I really liked to contribute to this forum but find it difficult now if everytime I log in, I find a lack of flow. Like the front page, what is this a forum or a blog now?

Just way too many little boxes of crap everywhere, ads or stray pictures for galleries or whatever.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:19 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im sorry that you dont care for it, but when the old software failed, an upgrade was the only option, and it was a step in the right direction. also, the front page is already popular with many of the users, and ive gotten quite a few PMs about people enjoying the dodge news on the front page. It was time for the site to be redesigned a bit, and the software failure gave us no choice.

this software allows a great deal more customization, so you can minimize entire sections that you dont want to look at, along with the picture boxes along the top.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:06 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so what is up with the time display? It says that you and I posted yesterday but yet it was today that I made this thread and started my gallery over? In fact its 9 pm right now central time and I bet when i post this reply the time is off

Old 10-23-2008, 03:46 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vipersforsale
ok so what is up with the time display? It says that you and I posted yesterday but yet it was today that I made this thread and started my gallery over? In fact its 9 pm right now central time and I bet when i post this reply the time is off
It's probably not set to the correct time zone for you right now. If you click "User CP" on the top left then click on "Edit your options" on the left bar you can set the correct time zone for where you are.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You should explore your User CP. There are tons of options that can help you out. VBulletin is the best for a reason.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:10 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vipersforsale
They are correct. The software before was set to your time zone. when we re-opened the site with this software, it defaults to a certain zone, and evidently its not yours...have a look around your user tools, and i think that youll find the answer to many of your questions, and anything, feel free to let us know and ill see what can be done.

Quick Reply: the forums new look... I dont like it