Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

When using Firefox, DF font too small too read

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:32 PM
GreyGhost
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When using Firefox, DF font too small too read

This just started happening a week ago. Wondering if anybody else has seen this? When I navigate to DF from firefox, I can't read the page the font is so small. I did figure out how to enlarge the font, though.

Just click any open space on the page then hold down the "ctrl" and move your mouse wheel UP. Font enlarges as you move the wheel up. This was happening on DF and I also noticed some of the Yahoo links would do it as well. Any ideas what could be causing it? I reloaded Firefox with the latest and greatest also..

Old 10-23-2008, 07:12 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Might make sure your default font settings arent set real low..

Old 10-23-2008, 08:01 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

It's possible the default font changed when I reloaded Firefox. After adjusting it by hitting "ctrl" and scrolling the mouse, the default font is now 16. I have no idea what it was before. Everything is working fine now, though...??? Weird.

This may have something to do with this damn "XP Antivirus 2009" invasion that started on my pc a few weeks ago. I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of that. Just going into control panel and removing the program does not work. Apparently there are a few removal tools that will fix this but I haven't tried yet.

I can't even use IE on my computer anymore because of this bogus XP antivirus 2009 notification.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Spybot is a free mal-ware scanner and remover. It's pretty good, there are some security concerns with it, but no more than Norton or any other spyware remover. Be careful though, because the scan may identify some useful programs as spyware, and if you do not uncheck those during the cleanup stage, the programs may become unuseable.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:34 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try spybot, if that doesn't do it or if you're not sure I recommend posting a HijackThis log over at: http://www.techsupportforum.com/

Go into the HijackThis Log Help section and make sure to read the stickies first, I'm quite adept with this sort of thing and I've had to resort to them once when I had a very nasty perfs.exe/routing.exe infestation I couldn't get rid of. They're quite thorough and as long as you follow the instructions as they're given you'll wipe out the crapware from your system.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:50 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Originally Posted by GreyGhost
It's possible the default font changed when I reloaded Firefox. After adjusting it by hitting "ctrl" and scrolling the mouse, the default font is now 16. I have no idea what it was before. Everything is working fine now, though...??? Weird.

This may have something to do with this damn "XP Antivirus 2009" invasion that started on my pc a few weeks ago. I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of that. Just going into control panel and removing the program does not work. Apparently there are a few removal tools that will fix this but I haven't tried yet.

I can't even use IE on my computer anymore because of this bogus XP antivirus 2009 notification.
I'll be honest with you.... I've seen that software and chances are your going to need to reload your system. There are a few tools that will remove it, but if it manages to get installed, its just a royal pain to remove.

The last system I worked on that had it installed would barely load in 10 minutes, and it was only 8 months old. Good luck getting rid of it.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:37 AM
GreyGhost
All Star

Cool. Appreciate the info as always! I'll start working on it when I get home this evening.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:02 AM
garrettg84
Rookie

Originally Posted by DevilsReject
I'll be honest with you.... I've seen that software and chances are your going to need to reload your system. There are a few tools that will remove it, but if it manages to get installed, its just a royal pain to remove.

The last system I worked on that had it installed would barely load in 10 minutes, and it was only 8 months old. Good luck getting rid of it.
Agreed, spyware for the most part has reached a level of sophistication where 'root kits' are common and with the exception scanning the hard drive while attached to another computer, the spyware is undetectable. Reloading everything will likely be your best and surprisingly fastest option.

Quick Reply: When using Firefox, DF font too small too read