Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Pocket VNC!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
bigtman07
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pocket VNC!

Ok I have interesting question for all of those in the world of computers and fellow geeks out there in dodge land. I have a new job that is in need of an application. I am a network admin and need to be able to VNC to our servers and monitors. Problem is that I am not always near a lan connection to open VNC on my laptop. So I have been on a hunt for a free mobile vnc app for either blackberry or for windows mobile. I have found a few but they don't seem to work. The program either crashes or won't connect. So does anybody else have and ideas of what I could try??

Old 03-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

logmein is the only one that I have looked into that handles what you want to do from a remote device like what you need.

Only problem is that after a thirty day trial, you are expected to pay a monthly fee of over $200 for the service.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 AM
bigtman07
Captain

Yea i had seen that one and I really don't like that price tag. I found some free ones but i think that since blackberry may have some ports blocked it may not be possible to use. I'm not sure. Wish real VNC would come out with one.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:30 PM
houseoftoes
Professional

I found this but not sure if it will help.

Portable VNC Category
MobaXterm – Portable X Server and SSH Client
pendriveapps.com/software/portable-vnc/

Quick Reply: Pocket VNC!