Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

2010 Avenger r/t multimedia radio RBZ

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 05:12 PM
scooter9964
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Avenger r/t multimedia radio RBZ

I was told by the dealer that I could use a USB to download music from the Ipod onto the car stereo system. We follow the directions in the manual to do this, but it gives the message that there are no data files to transfer! We have over 500 songs on the Ipod, so I know the music is there. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 08-22-2010, 10:11 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

The types of files the stereo system can play may be severely limited. What format are your songs on the iPod in? Mp3? Songs from the iTunes Music store?

Old 08-23-2010, 10:08 AM
scooter9964
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo

They've all been downloaded off our computer from the Itunes store.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:43 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm willing to bet that the songs you downloaded are the typical 99 cent songs that are available on iTunes. They are protected AAC format, or protected M4A. No player can see or read these songs except the iPod itself or the iTunes music player on your computer.

It should say in your manual somewhere what formats your stereo can store/play. Your stereo can't see any songs that it recognizes, since they are in the "wrong" format, so it says nothing to transfer.

The only solution, I'm afraid, is to download your songs from another source that don't have any copyright protection on them, such as mp3s. Apple's audio format is actually better than mp3, but the protection is what is most likely blocking you from moving the songs onto your car stereo.

Quick Reply: 2010 Avenger r/t multimedia radio RBZ