Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

D link router (D for dead)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 09:44 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default D link router (D for dead)

I have a issue I cant solve. I have a wirelss D link router model 825.

The statis light will not light up and the D link tech people have advised me to upgrade the firm ware on the router. I have downlaoded the new firm ware, but I can't find a utillity to unzip the bin file.

Tried winzip, can't find a utility thats on a free trail.

Cable feed into the cable modem is working, when the wireless router is hooked up, no internant conection, all lights are blue, the globe (statis ) is orange.

I have un plugged, re booted, re configured, re adjusted to the cows are debating to leave or come home. network settings on windows 7 are fine, and tell me to ask a friend for help, lol...

Router is less than 5 months old and it was working, than not working is less than a minute. I treid reinstalling the orginal firm ware ( set up disk ) software, but the router can't acess the internant.

D link support has advised router will work ounce I upload the firm ware to the router, Im thinking thier is a non soft ware issue going on.

all I need is blue light !!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2010, 11:37 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

I did unzip the firm ware update, router is updated with the new firm ware, but is still not working, D links tech 5 person will do a call back, Than will repace router with a new one.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:57 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

D-Link usually makes good stuff, as long as you don't go cheap. The 825 is a decent model, sorry you got a lemon.

D-Link and Apple routers are the only routers I have had little to zero problems with. Apple's units seem to be the best, but offer the fewest options for setup.

Linksys units I've seen about a 10% or so failure rate within a year or two. Their basic (cheaper) units seem to fair better than their higher end counterparts.

Netgears have a slightly higher failure rate than Linksys. They have some really nice high end stuff, but Netgears are very picky about your laptop models. Certain laptops, especially Apples, have large problems connecting to them.

Belkin units I would stay away from. Very hit and miss.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:40 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

D link is dead, after 3 days worth of calls, 2 hours + at a time, I have to send in the router for a warranty replacement. D link customer service is worth saying screw it, and buy a non D link router.

It got to the point were I was repeating the steps from memory and telling the tech people what to do, Blue light statuis light is orange, far too simple a concept to grasp why the router is not working.

If any one shoud encounter this, up grading the firm ware is not going to do any thing if you have no access to the web.

I did get to relearn dos ( commnad prompt ) days of dos 6.0 wp 5.1 and windows 3.1, now I have to keep up with this coumputer stuff, or return to 2 cans and a rope.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:14 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a two year old linksys that still works great. I would recommend buying a new router.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:23 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

yup, I need the router, lap top, black berry, playstation 3 x box, the we, numerious I pods at any time in this house hold. Now I can take apart the old D link, maybey build a rador dector or some thing, lol.

I'm hopped with the d link as my girl friend can't find the orginal bill of sale.

router shopping, but not a D link, if a d ling bill of sale is going to be locked up

Old 09-03-2010, 03:57 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

You what, I took the case off the d link router, plugged it in, and it works...

Old 09-04-2010, 08:20 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

Now the d link is dead. I bought a lnksys router wrt320N, set up disk was courupt, had to set up router threw lnkys support, verry friendly, much better than D link.

Now when you shop for a 2.4 and 5 ghrztz router, be sure to get one that is dual band, the last d link was, new router is not, I bought it costco on the fly, all the wireless items run good, but in the event I need a device to run on 5 gig, I have to manually set the router to 5 ghrtz, and the 2.4 ghrztz will not work.

Hope the bratts are happy now that call of duty 4 keeps than bussy well I spank mom! lol ..

Old 09-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While you spank mom? Too much information man!

Old 09-08-2010, 05:35 PM
IB Adrian
Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a reply test. IBxAnders

Quick Reply: D link router (D for dead)