Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Infinite Scroll Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 02:24 PM
IB Cristina
IB Staff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, we fixed the issue with the bold/unbold of unread/read threads!

Please give Infinite Scroll another try...and then let us know why you ended up switching back again .

Old 06-29-2017, 02:27 PM
patchelect
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd MUCH rather see the Stickies go away! They take up a huge piece of real estate at the top of every page rendering the viewable content somewhat difficult to read. Stickies have a place, under a subheading called STICKIES.

My opinion and possibly others as well.

I'm a member of several other forums and the better ones limit stickies to 1-3 maximum. They have subsets sometimes called "Worthwhile threads worth saving" or something like that.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:17 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's really not convenient at all.
The old layout was quicker and easier to use.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:47 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by patchelect
I'd MUCH rather see the Stickies go away! They take up a huge piece of real estate at the top of every page rendering the viewable content somewhat difficult to read. Stickies have a place, under a subheading called STICKIES.

My opinion and possibly others as well.

I'm a member of several other forums and the better ones limit stickies to 1-3 maximum. They have subsets sometimes called "Worthwhile threads worth saving" or something like that.
Patch, what section? I can minimize them. I have also been trying to go to each section and move or un stick ones that have broken links, etc.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:49 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by smokesxt
It's really not convenient at all.
The old layout was quicker and easier to use.
Scroll all the way to the bottom and select "classic next gen". That puts it back to the old format. Only bad thing is you have to select it EVERY time you log in.

Old 08-01-2017, 01:40 PM
IB Nolan
IB Staff
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go to your user options and scroll down to Forum Skin you can change it and have the setting stick:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Old 08-01-2017, 02:12 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
If you go to your user options and scroll down to Forum Skin you can change it and have the setting stick:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions
Correct.. I should clarify, does not work on mobile. Does work on a pc.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:03 PM
glenlloyd
Veteran
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Two things I've noticed about this forum that I do not care for:
1) Infinite scroll
2) related posts

Reason I dislike #1, just try going to the top of the thread page so you can go to another forum...can't be done because infinite scroll will always add old (or new depending on direction) posts that will keep you from getting to a relevant menu. I have battled this several times now just trying to get out of a post so I can go elsewhere, it's a horrible feature that needs to be user selectable. Give people the option to disable if you feel the need to do this.

Second, posting up 'related posts' at the bottom of the first page of posts from your forum, if you miss the menu that says these are 'related posts' then you simply go on thinking these are from your forum or thread, which they aren't necessarily. IMO these confuse people because they might be entirely irrelevant to the original thread. Who decides what's relevant in this case? An algorithm? If that's the case then it's another reason to give the user the ability to disable. People can mistakenly post (as I did ) in response to one of these 'related' posts and in the end it has nothing to do with what you're posting about. Why do you seek to confuse people? Give me the option of turning this crap off.

I liken both of these to the ridiculous algo driven feed ordering being deployed by FaceBook and now Strava. How is it that we live in a linear world but now we have algo's deciding what's relevant and what we should see and it's in a way completely non-linear and non-chronological?

Final thought.. These seem like solutions in search of a problem. Are you really that bored that you feel the need to implement features that actually annoy users? Based on the participation rate in the forum I joined it looks like maybe you're becoming very successful at chasing users away. Is this really what you want to do?

You need to give people the option to turn these annoying features off if they so decide, now that would be a good allocation of your time.

Steve A

Old 11-02-2017, 10:23 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Originally Posted by glenlloyd
Two things I've noticed about this forum that I do not care for:
1) Infinite scroll
2) related posts

Reason I dislike #1, just try going to the top of the thread page so you can go to another forum...can't be done because infinite scroll will always add old (or new depending on direction) posts that will keep you from getting to a relevant menu. I have battled this several times now just trying to get out of a post so I can go elsewhere, it's a horrible feature that needs to be user selectable. Give people the option to disable if you feel the need to do this.

Second, posting up 'related posts' at the bottom of the first page of posts from your forum, if you miss the menu that says these are 'related posts' then you simply go on thinking these are from your forum or thread, which they aren't necessarily. IMO these confuse people because they might be entirely irrelevant to the original thread. Who decides what's relevant in this case? An algorithm? If that's the case then it's another reason to give the user the ability to disable. People can mistakenly post (as I did ) in response to one of these 'related' posts and in the end it has nothing to do with what you're posting about. Why do you seek to confuse people? Give me the option of turning this crap off.

I liken both of these to the ridiculous algo driven feed ordering being deployed by FaceBook and now Strava. How is it that we live in a linear world but now we have algo's deciding what's relevant and what we should see and it's in a way completely non-linear and non-chronological?

Final thought.. These seem like solutions in search of a problem. Are you really that bored that you feel the need to implement features that actually annoy users? Based on the participation rate in the forum I joined it looks like maybe you're becoming very successful at chasing users away. Is this really what you want to do?

You need to give people the option to turn these annoying features off if they so decide, now that would be a good allocation of your time.

Steve A
Use a different forum skin. I use 'dodgeforum one' and don't have either of those issues.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:16 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

CLASSIC NEXT GEN. Only thing is, if using chrome, every time you log in it automatically changes it back to infinite scroll. Pain in the ***!