Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

new section?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Mopar Performance
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new section?

i know we could use this section and cold attract more people, a forgot bodies section

when reading on my 1978 magnum it is refered to as a forgoten B body, so is the 75-79 charger, 75-79 cordoba, even badstrats mirada was considered a forgoten body,

so why not make a section called "Forgotten Bodies" with the blast from the past section, and for description have the mid 70s threw early 80s forgotten bodies

Old 09-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: new section?

There's a "Other vintage Dodge's section" and also a main section to the muscle....

Old 09-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Mopar Performance
Record Breaker

calling mine or any other car from this era including badstrats a vintage car, makes it sound like a 80 year olds car, these cars are beautiful and forgotten, shouldn't they deserve more respect than vintage... and muscle "are you kidden me" this car came stock with 140 horsepower

Old 09-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess you don't know what vintage means...

9. representing the high quality of a past time: vintage cars

This is why the vintage section is there... There's only two posts in there anyway... Why would we add another section that wont have any traffic... Most people who have cars like yours use the main section of muslce... Not knowing they should use the vintage section...

Old 09-16-2006, 02:08 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, the real definitions of "vintage, classic, and antique" are different than what a lot of people think.........

Dusty

Old 09-16-2006, 04:10 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

When you're dealing with motorized vehicles, 20 years of age is the general rule of thumb for "antique" status

I have several 70's era snowmobiles that are registered as antiques. (3 'Cats and a rare Rupp Nitro)

I also have two 90 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prixs that I can't wait to register as "Collector" automobiles, which means they're at least 20 years old. Only 3 more years! [8D]

I see the terms as interchangeable personally, at least when it comes to automobiles. Maybe antique is a little excessive for most vehicles here, but I can see vintage and classic applying to anything built from 1960 on.

Quick Reply: new section?