Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

MP3 Discs

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 01:57 AM
spfd308
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MP3 Discs

Got the wife a new D with the 6 disc stereo that plays MP3's also. Question is I have tried to make her an MP3 disc but the stereo won't read the CD. Does anyone know what software I need to burn some MP3 discs that will work in the stereo.

Just so it's known yes it is MP3 compatible and is supposed to play the discs. I've burned a couple that work in my home stereo but aren't recognized in the car stereo.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this for me.

EDIT: I've been using the Dell Jukeboz by musicmatch if that helps any.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:20 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: MP3 Discs

ORIGINAL: spfd308

Got the wife a new D with the 6 disc stereo that plays MP3's also. Question is I have tried to make her an MP3 disc but the stereo won't read the CD. Does anyone know what software I need to burn some MP3 discs that will work in the stereo.

Just so it's known yes it is MP3 compatible and is supposed to play the discs. I've burned a couple that work in my home stereo but aren't recognized in the car stereo.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this for me.

EDIT: I've been using the Dell Jukeboz by musicmatch if that helps any.
When burning Mp3 discs, you have to make sure you include "folders". Most of the Mp3 players and cd headunits that will play Mp3 discs, require folders in order to play them. That's not to say that there arent those that dont require it, just that most of them have in my experience.

The best thing to do is rip your cd's via MusicMatch......and then burn the folder's that are created to a data CD. I can explain further if you need me to.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:03 PM
spfd308
Professional

I appreciate your response DevilsReject and I understand what you are saying. I'll try and burn a data CD with the folders that have the music in them. Thanks and I'll let you know how this goes.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:11 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: spfd308

I appreciate your response DevilsReject and I understand what you are saying. I'll try and burn a data CD with the folders that have the music in them. Thanks and I'll let you know how this goes.
Cool! Glad to see you speak geek talk That should fix the problem.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:37 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i use mp3 Cd's in my car. i have an aftermarket radio. i use w/e i feel like to burn them. i have used Nero and itunes and they both work just fine. folders aren't necessary on mine but factory might be a little more picky like Derrick said. on mine the cd can be like almost all pictures and word docs and it will find the mp3 and play just that. but mp3 Cd's are amazing and worth your time to figure out.

when i use Nero i use data CD when i use itunes it does the work for me.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:32 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

Usually there only has to be one folder called "Music" for the player to pick up the music.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:48 PM
bdering
Rookie

I have found the most compatible combination is to use good quality disks. Also, the car deck had issues with rewritable disks. So, I make sure all disks are not rewritable. You also want to close the session so the disk can not be written to again. This resolved the issues with MP3 CDs in every car I have tested.

Hope that helps.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:38 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

on the good quality discs i was using a brand called dynex which is bestbuy brand and those are so ****ty if you hold them up to a light u can see through them, but those work fine for me. i use imation now. i assumed everyone always closed the disc.

i agree do not use rewritables.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:46 PM
bdering
Rookie

Unfortunately, there are folks who have tried making disks and after troubleshooting till we were "blue in the face" it finally came to light that the person burning the disks was not closing the session and the disk.[:@] Some CD players will play it but, many will not. Car players seem to be MUCH more tempermental than home CD players of recent vintage. Always best to cover all the bases we can...even if it may seem obvious to some, it may not be to others. Nothing against those who do not know...we all had to learn somewhere.

Quick Reply: MP3 Discs