Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

staying logged in

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 12:04 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default staying logged in

recently i had to get a new hard drive for my computer, so i lost all my 'favorites'. of course i added this one back to the list quickly, but now when i come to this site i have to re-log in every time. it will not remember my password (it does remember my user name). Yes, i have 'save as cookie' clicked, so i dont know why its not working. worked last time. i hope this is the right section of the forum, if not, mods, sorry!!

thanx for any help.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:01 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: staying logged in

I would try clearing all your cookies then logging back in. In IE go to Tools, Internet options. Then depending on your version there will be different buttons, but somewhere in there will be an optoin to delete cookies. Would not hurt to delete temp Intenret files as well.

Note, clearing cookies will erase any saved passwords and loging you use on the net, which it looks like you already know.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:06 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

Note, clearing cookies will erase any saved passwords and loging you use on the net, which it looks like you already know.

so ill have to resave all my passwords (email, etc) thats fine.... but what do you mean it wont let me log backonto the internet?? or was that a typo?(sorry...... i know little about computers other than typing haha.)

Old 02-07-2007, 12:04 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: muddy_blue_dodge

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

so ill have to resave all my passwords (email, etc) thats fine.... but what do you mean it wont let me log backonto the internet?? or was that a typo?(sorry...... i know little about computers other than typing haha.)
Hmmm... Shoud have said clearing cookies will erase any saved passwords and loginS you use on the net. Basically your user name and passwords you have saved will be erased. Therefore the next time you visit those sites you will have to re-enter the info.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:03 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me every 2 days or so it will start logging me out every time I click a link and I have to empty all cookies and log in again. Any ideas why? It's a little annoying to have to delete my cookies every other day.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

there is no reason he should have to clear cookies and re-login every time

1. use firefox.
2. privacy settings must be set wrong and clearing the private data every time you close the browser.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: Sinister

1. use firefox.
2. privacy settings must be set wrong and clearing the private data every time you close the browser.
If you're talking about me I'm using firefox and it only clears private data when I tell it to.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning

1. use firefox.
I'm using IE and I don't have to clear cookies. With the exception of this site, all other sites I frequent keep me logged in indefinately unless I delete cookies. This site tends to log me out every couple of hours.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1. use firefox.
lol like Firefox is the answer to everything ha ha

It'sa problem with the server and it's being fixed

Old 04-09-2007, 09:26 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

The problem occurs because the server kicks anyone who is inactive off the server. After roughly 60 min of inactivity, you get logged out. Also, if you frequently open new windows from the same webpage, it can result in you being logged out.

Like Midnight stated, its an issue and we're working on it. However, the only suggestion I can give you is to try and post once or twice an hour while logged in.

Quick Reply: staying logged in