Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Backing up DVD's

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 PM
89 dakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backing up DVD's

I just want to backup a couple of my DVD's I have downloaded Ripit4me, DVD Decrypter, FixVTS, DVD Shrink applications as well as FixVTS and now I wanrt to burn the disc I copied to my hard drive. Should I use this? http://www.filehippo.com/download_nero_7_premium/
When I saved the file it just saved as C: Blow and that's it so I don't know the format it saved as but I can play the movie in DVD shrink

Old 02-16-2007, 01:21 PM
shiltz
Captain
Default RE: Backing up DVD's

Personaly I use DVD Decrypter, it works great once you have the setting right to make a single ISO file out of (instead of the default 4-5 files and any computer DVD player should be able to play the ISO files directly.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:29 PM
73roadrunner
Captain
Default RE: Backing up DVD's

I use those programs to"back up" my DVDs . The DVD Decrypter and the DVD Shrink should run under the "1click mode" for the rip it 4 me.
The FixVTS(I believe, so don't quote me) is for the Sony and Disney Movies that have an extra layer of encryption that the FixVTS is able to get through.
If you hit the"1 click mode" The Decypter will open automatically and start burning all the files to C:Blow. Which is putting it just to your hard drive, so inside that folder is all the chapter files and special features.

Then DVD Shrink should open which takes the C:Blow file (and according to your settings) it willencoding all the files you want it to and createone ISO file with all the info that is compressed to fit on your DVD+R's (or -R's).
You can set DVD shrink to skip all the ads, special features, foriegn languges andall sorts of stuff.

At this point if you don't have dual DVD drives the process stops at DVD shrink and it is looking for the blank DVD to be inserted.
Once you insert the disk I believe you go to the "backup" button and hit backup using DVD Decrypter and the Decrypter comes back on and starts burning the file to the disk.

Above is a quick summary of what I can remember I believe this site has info on how to use the programs: http://www.doom9.org/ hope this helps

Quick Reply: Backing up DVD's