Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

Electrical Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:03 PM
THECL0SER
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problems?

I've been experiencing electrical problems with my 2000 Dodge Intrepid. The battery was replaced about six months ago with a New Interstate Battery. Over the last two weeks the interior dome light keeps popping on and off at random. Additionaly the dashboard lights have started flickering not so mush on and off but dim and bright, dim and bright, but quickly in a flickering motion. Just the other night while driving on the interstate this all started happening at once and the ABS light as well as the battery light popped on. As soon as I pulled off of the freeway, my car just died. No electrical. No lights, start, radio or anything. After about an hour I tried to fire it up again and everything now seemed to work as normal! I drove my car to the dealership. Their mechanics looked at it and test drove it but haven't experienced this happening (of course). They say that they can't find anything wrong but I know better. Something is definately not right! HELP. If you have any advice on this subject please let me know! Thanks, Chris

Old 05-10-2007, 01:10 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Electrical Problems?

Ck all your ground wires. On the body and frame rail. Also ck your battery cables for acid. replace if needed.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:19 AM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electrical Problems?

It could also be a bad battery. If the internal plates are defective (too thin), under a load it can short out causing odd/non electrical problems. Were these the problems prior to the battery change? Are the connectors clean? Of course the ground wires as mentioned above are also suspect.

Quick Reply: Electrical Problems?