Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

In great need of help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:25 PM
afmangel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In great need of help!!!!

Hello everyone! I have a 94' Dodge Intrepid 3.3L. When the problems first started with my car it was acting like maybe it had bad gas, so I went to the station and put some gas treatment in the car. I killed the car and when I went to start it back the speedometer quit working. We changed the speedometer sensors in the car, that still didn't work. The car will die when you go to slow down at a light or stop sign. Now both my gas guage and my speedometer neither one will work and the car still dies. The car has been sitting for about 10 months now and this morning we put a battery on the car and it cranked right up and even drove it down the street and back, it did ok but my guages still do not work. I went and bought a new battery for it and came home and put it on and now the car won't start at all. It sounds like it is going to but it won't. I have noticed that even the guages that light up on the dash are not working now as well. If anyone has any clue on what is going on with it I would greatly appreciate it. I just wander if it doesn't have something to do with the ignition switch?

Old 02-13-2008, 09:09 AM
afmangel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: In great need of help!!!!

ORIGINAL: afmangel

Hello everyone! I have a 94' Dodge Intrepid 3.3L. When the problems first started with my car it was acting like maybe it had bad gas, so I went to the station and put some gas treatment in the car. I killed the car and when I went to start it back the speedometer quit working. We changed the speedometer sensors in the car, that still didn't work. The car will die when you go to slow down at a light or stop sign. Now both my gas guage and my speedometer neither one will work and the car still dies. The car has been sitting for about 10 months now and this morning we put a battery on the car and it cranked right up and even drove it down the street and back, it did ok but my guages still do not work. I went and bought a new battery for it and came home and put it on and now the car won't start at all. It sounds like it is going to but it won't. I have noticed that even the guages that light up on the dash are not working now as well. If anyone has any clue on what is going on with it I would greatly appreciate it. I just wander if it doesn't have something to do with the ignition switch?
Well, I fixed my car. I changed the electrical part of the ignition switch for the dash guage problem and the cam sensor and crankshaft sensor for the rest of the problem. There is only one thing left that needs to be fixed. I am having a problem with the windshield wipers, when you have to turn them on and then you go to turn them off they will not shut off. Sometimes they even come on by themself. I checked the relays, that is not the problem. Someone told me that it was some kind of body computer but wasn't sure what, that it should not be the switch. The only other alternative that it shows in the Chilton book is the grounded park switch, but I can't find that in the book anywhere. If someone has any ideas or knows what the problem is, please let me know. Thank you!!

Quick Reply: In great need of help!!!!