Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

strange dragging noise when i hit the breaks

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Talamant3z
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange dragging noise when i hit the breaks

hello everyone i have a 2004 dodge intrepid with around 94k miles. anyways for a while now there has beeen a screetching noise when i make turn and slow down its pretty loud and annoying. we recently when i break it makes a really loud dragging sound and it can only be heard from inside. car runs fine and check engine light isnt on so anyone have an idea. my set dad said it might be my rotors. also when the dragging noise occurs it sounds like its in the front middle and its pretty loud.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:08 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: strange dragging noise when i hit the breaks

This is starting to **** me off....I have typed a long reply three times, and every time I get an error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! This time I will keep it short.

I have tried to let you know to fix your brakes. The squeal was the brake indicator that your pads were almost shot. I think now they are shot and grinding metal-on-metal. If you don't fix it, not only will it dammage yor disk, but could cause it to lock up and cause a accident. Inspect/repair or if you don't know how, bring into a shop now.

Quick Reply: strange dragging noise when i hit the breaks