Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

new owner please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 02:36 AM
tensor8686
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner please help

new to the forum just got my first dodge and i need help....please 2000 intrepid with 2.7l engine automati chaving a few strange problems first ill start with the most unusual

i changed spark plugs i tried to reset the engine codes by removing and replacing the negative battery terminal when i replaced it the wiper came on and then the alarm went off i dont have a key fob so i disconnected the negative terminal again car starts and runs but now when i turn the car on the fan speed control works but my car changes on its own from heat to ac and from dash to defrost the vent control **** and temp **** do nothing but the ac light is off but if i hold the ac button down when i release it it blows hot air again before the issue with the battery terminals and alarm the dash controls worked just fine and the ac light turned on i have no clue what to do at this point

next is my automatic door locks work with drivers side and passenger switches but none of the window controls do anything nor the morror controls checked power windo relay by switching with a differnt relay seems to be fine?

and last the car idles up and down between 5000-7000 rpm and the car kinda shakes. but doesnt read any related engine codes if you step on the gas it stops shaking

all engine codes clear when checked with a scanner but when i do the self diagnostic it reads code p1684 which apparently means battery disconnected within last 50 starts duh i disconnected the battery to clear the codes ...that went well

Quick Reply: new owner please help