Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

2002 intrepid code p0352

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 11:22 PM
mrrt66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 intrepid code p0352

Perhaps the Dodge Mastertech can help. I have been given a charity repair for a needy struggling family. They have a 2002 Intrepid 2.7 with the code P0352 and a misfire in the number 2 cylinder. They had taken it to Autozone and had a coil and a reman PCM replaced, but misfire and code are still there. I have replaced the number 2 plug, and checked compression which was 170psi in all cylinders. It has 160K miles on it and the original owner that gave it to this family said it had never overheated. I determined which plug on the PCM is for firing the coils and checked for continuity between the tan wire at the coil connector and where it terminates at the PCM connector. It was ok.I can't tell if the coil capacitors are at fault or perhaps the crank or cam sensors may be faulty. My basic scanner does read live data and I can see the map sensor reads vacuum and changes when the throttle is pressed. I disconnected and removed the map sensor, but it looks ok. As the engine warms up, it runs worse. perhaps someone can give me direction as how to solve this. I hope to post the fix for all to benefit from, thanks!!

Old 07-03-2013, 11:39 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Could the P0352 be from where they were checking the #2 coil and set the code maybe? I've done quite a few faulty injectors on the 2.7. Swap # 2 injector with another....which ever is the easiest one to get to IF the misfire moves.

Don't erase the memory. The misfire monitor will wipe out (no live misfire data) and you'll have to drive it to enable it again.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:20 PM
mrrt66

thank you so much for the Info. I think they swapped the number two coil out with other cylinder coils to check it, but it makes no difference. I want to make sure the PCM pulses the injector and was thinking if I used a volt/ohm meter with a hertz setting, I should be able to tell if the PCM is doing its job and sending a pulse to the number two coil, any thoughts on that??. Also as I understand, the fuel injectors are below the intake, so it would have to be removed to check injectors, is that correct?

Old 07-04-2013, 09:24 PM
mrrt66

I will get some repair data on this car and thinking your reply over, I plan to remove the number two injector and replace it. My scanner can turn off the SES OR CHECK ENGINE light, but once the car starts the P0352 code sets immediately, which could suggest the injector isn't firing. The plug for number two cylinder is wet with fuel when I remove it for inspection. I'll post my findings

Quick Reply: 2002 intrepid code p0352