Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

coolant ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 03:30 PM
jerrymil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant ??

i have a 02 2.7l intrepid. i can not figure where the coolant is going. i need to add about 6to 8 ozs every couple of hundred miles, i see no leaks i have been all over the engine, i do not smell it being burned in the engine bay or exhaust. i did the exhaust gas test the fuild did not change color entill the coolant level raised in the reservoir enough to get sucked into the test tube. Any thoughts??

The reservoir has two compartments the right side is always empty, what is up with that?

Old 09-15-2014, 09:23 PM
gerry92
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure but I think there might be a leak somewhere. Have your water pump check and gasket replaced and see if it still happens.

Old 10-11-2014, 08:00 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The water pump and gasket is where I would start. This is part of what gets blamed for the oil sludge problem that the 2.7L V6 is known for. Get this checked out. If the engine is ticking get it fixed immediately!

Quick Reply: coolant ??