Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

First Journey in the Journey - REVIEW 240 miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:11 PM
04redmach1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Journey in the Journey - REVIEW 240 miles

Well, for Thanksgiving we went to her parent and mine. 240 miles round trip. I have 440 miles on the journey now. Filled up at 200 miles and after the 240 miles still a little over half a tank and DTE is 240 +/- depending on pedal and terrain. It was a good and safe trip and for the most part, the journey did good. Below are the pros and cons to help answer peoples questions that may be looking to buy one.

PROS:
A/C worked well when needed, and so did the heater. With rear air on it would help the heat/cool process very quickly.

Interior is quiet, ride is quiet and smooth.

Doors open 90 degrees for easy access.

Transmission felt good for the most part (read cons).

Love to have my satellite radio back, and the room is great.

Gas mileage is nice without being broke in at about 24-25 at 60mph 80% of the time.

Handling wise was great around sharper turns, I had to test that out. Say a 110-120 degree corner at 65 mph.

Convenience package is WORTH IT!! LED dome lights are awesome, you can drive with them on with no glare or driving issues. Remote start is awesome and works flawless.

CONS:
With my back injury, this trip has showed me that the cloth seats lack cushion in the *** area. It is a little bothersome for me due to my issues, but wife said she was fine. So all in all on seats I have to order an old man cushion for my seat at 25 years old I wish the head rest was tilted a little further forward as well.

Steering seems a little sluggish and loose. Not as "firm" as I would like it. Too much play in the wheel. I am sure the dealer can fix this for me.

Transmission worked great, but 2 times from a stop and running through the gears at an average half throttle take off I had a wierd shutter. Felt like running over a few small ripples at about 10 feet. Anyone else have this issue around 3 or 4th gear? Will have this looked at as well.

Engine is weak down low, and weak compared to the 3.5 in the Ford Edge we had.

Cruise control works good but the 6th gear stretched out so far, the transmission has about a 5 mph drop before down shifting. It is an economy deal I know because of 6th gear being stretched so far it would always down shift for every little hill. Helps with gas though.

Brake dust is already showing........ not cool.

Headlights are ok, but dim and bright should be a little brighter.

Wish taillights would stay lit with headlights when you unlock it. Too dark in rear of vehicle.

This is a very down to earth review of a small trip after getting the journey. My issue with the seat will not bother most, I have a back issue and that kills me. Are the leather seats any more "cushy"? If so I may buy 2 front seats leather, if not I may get them refinished or the quick fix of old man cushion. Overall I am concerned about the transmission with those little shutters. Could be needing a reflash and trying determine gear to go in, but will keep updated if no one else has this issue.

Let me know guys and hope you enjoyed my review!

Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
04redmach1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2010 SXT with Flexible seating group and convenience package 1.

Quick Reply: First Journey in the Journey - REVIEW 240 miles