Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2010 Journey R/T w/Media Centre/Nav problems.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:19 PM
flabeo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Journey R/T w/Media Centre/Nav problems.

Hello, I'm a first time poster and a new Journey owner with a strong computer background. So naturally the media centre/nav is where my attention is focused, however I am having a few problems and after looking online I'm wondering if I am the only one.

First I have the 830n media center with nav, correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't this system come with a 30gb hard drive? I am showing only 16GB total space, which I would understand if the nav maps were stored on it however it is only showing 500mb used space.

In addition when coping MP3 files to the hard drive, my system will crash and reboot. I am thinking it may need a firmware update, but when looking online at sites such as http://mofv.com/mygig/ I am only seeing updates for the touch screen based systems.

So I guess my question is, is anyone else experiencing these issues, and can I update the firmware like the other touch screen based systems? if so where?

Thanks in advanced.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:56 PM
dibby11

i have the same system but im having problems with background static and interference with the fm radio while driving

Old 03-08-2010, 11:11 AM
flabeo

To anyone interested, I figured out the problem. It was with my music, and a corrupt file or two.

Sometimes the ID3 tags with it's embeded album art, lyrics, info, or whatever can corrupt a song. For some reason instead of the mygig system skipping it that song, it just crashes and starts over at song #1. It does not tell you which song it had problems with, and you are left to guess. When using software like iTunes to play your music, it would try and play the corrupt song, and if that didn't work it would simply go to the next track. Keeping you completely unaware of any kind of corruption.

So after downloading an encoding program and essentially converting 2110 MP3's to MP3's, (Yes, I re-encoded them into MP3s) it did managed to produce and error on two songs. So I put the remainder of the songs on a thumb drive and imported every song OK, no crashing, no reboots. However, the mygig system did not read the ID3 tags, even though my computer could. Minor problem, but still sloppy programming from the folks who wrote mygig.

Anyway I hope this helps some folks that were as frustrated as I was.

Quick Reply: 2010 Journey R/T w/Media Centre/Nav problems.