Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Help! UConnect Phone compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Seaturtle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! UConnect Phone compatibility

Hi All,

I am a first time poster and I hope someone out there can help me. Three weeks ago I bought a 2010 Journey R/T with UConnect phone and navigation radio. I downloaded the compatibility list from Dodge and eagerly went to upgrade my phone. Unfortunately I cannot find a single phone on the list. The two major wireless providers in my area (Alltel and Verizon) both told me that the list was outdated. I contacted UConnect and they were absolutely no help at all. Dodge customer service still hasn't gotten back to me. Is anyone out there using UConnect with the Nav radio? If so can you tell what type of phone you have? Uconnect is one of those things I really wanted on the vehicle and now that I have it, I can't use it. I am SO disappointed!!! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks much!!

Old 08-01-2010, 01:19 AM
oneframe

I'm using an iPhone and I don't have problems using Uconnect as a Bluetooth speakerphone. I can use the system to go thru the address book as well as dial numbers that I dictate. Because of it's slow speed, it's not the fastest or easiest to use but it does help when driving especially here with hands-free by-laws.

What phone are you trying to pair with Uconnect?

Old 08-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Seaturtle

Thanks for information. I do not currently have a bluetooth phone which is why I am looking for compatible phones. I don't want to purchase a new phone and find out it won't work. I checked out the iPhone, but I can't get service for it in my area. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:28 PM
oneframe

Honestly the early GPS Bluetooth devices paired with early days of yore cellphones that I've used so far work okay in terms of functioning as a basic hands-free speakerphone. If that's what you're after then you won't have any problems choosing any Bluetooth capable cellphone. I guess the compatibilty list pertains to being able to go further like being able to access the address book of the mobile phone which I'm not fond of since the Uconnect is clunky and slow, IMHO.

Why don't you experiment by pairing your friends and families phones to see which brands work.

Last edited by oneframe; 08-01-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Help! UConnect Phone compatibility