Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2011 Journey squealing breaks

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Macdeebla
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Journey squealing breaks

I have 3700 miles on my Dodge Journey Crew and my breaks squeal and rotors are starting to show wear. Dealership says they are perfect and they can't fix. Would putting ceramic pads on cure the problem or does it sound like a bigger issue????

Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

brakes are under 1yr 12,000 mile waranty. If it squeal, and u can duplicate the noise with ur dealership, they have to replace the brake pad and resurface the rotor under waranty. If they give u crap, call chrysler corporate and complain.

I believe the OEM pads are ceramic alrdy.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:01 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Mac,

I agree with Steak. If the brakes squeak and you can duplicate the problem then ask to have a tech go along on a test ride with you. Warranty on brakes is 12/12 and you need to make sure any issue with the brakes is taken care of before then. If they do not solve your problem then PM me with your name and VIN and I will get you in touch with the right people at Chrysler to talk to about solving your problem.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Macdeebla
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No luck

They say that the brakes are fine and working perfect... still have the nails on the chalkboard squealing off and on.... Had hoped a new brake pad would solve but your comments have eliminated that option.

Quick Reply: 2011 Journey squealing breaks