Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

how to get airbag codes?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 10:13 PM
chale
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool how to get airbag codes?????

Hey guys by any chance does anyone knows how to get the airbag codes on a 09 dodge Journey? I know Dealer does and scanner too, I just dont have one or know someone who has one, car is out of warranty, That's right to get the codes maybe even reset module I have remove the positive cable from battery and ground it over night nothing happes in respect to resetting module, AGAIN HOW TO GET THE CODES PLEASE! I need to get the codes thanks again, help will be very much appreciated, and please just cut the chesse, no beating around the bushes I'm sorry if this sounds rude or if I burst the bubble of some people but I been reading some stuff on this blog and there are some sugestions that oh man!! I'm been an honest bloger Thank you.. PLEASE IF YOU'R YOU ARE GOING TO SEND ME TO THE DEALER, DON'T PLEASE I APRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS, BUT PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!!! " THANK YOU"
Chale

Last edited by chale; 09-30-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:35 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you have the Door wiring harness Recall done yet?
most of the time airbag light on journey is due to broken wire in the door harness.

there is also a recall for the ORC (airbag module) for some journey. Call ur dealership and ask if your car has any unfinished recalls

Old 09-30-2011, 10:48 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by steak59
Call ur dealership and ask if your car has any unfinished recalls
Shhhh. You'll make him mad... stop beating in the bushes and cut to the Chesse man!

PLEASE IF YOU'R YOU ARE GOING TO SEND ME TO THE DEALER, DON'T PLEASE I APRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS, BUT PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!!! " THANK YOU"

Last edited by TNtech; 09-30-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:47 PM
chale
Thumbs up

It's not that they make me mad! I really apreciate each and everyone out there that takes the time to read this even if some you hated it! I know there is some good and bad? maybe not bad, just something else! is like I read someone asks for help and asks if someone knows how to replaced brakes, and to instruct him how is done? and someone reply, have you gone to the Safeway mrkt back alley? the other day there was a car someone was working in it? or have you check the air pressure on the spare tire??????
Thank you all again

Old 10-02-2011, 04:01 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chale
It's not that they make me mad! I really apreciate each and everyone out there that takes the time to read this even if some you hated it! I know there is some good and bad? maybe not bad, just something else! is like I read someone asks for help and asks if someone knows how to replaced brakes, and to instruct him how is done? and someone reply, have you gone to the Safeway mrkt back alley? the other day there was a car someone was working in it? or have you check the air pressure on the spare tire??????
Thank you all again
Ok, then....

Nope, there is no way to scan airbag light code without advanced Scanner. which cost at least $500+, only shops/dealership will have it. And I doubt anyone will lend it out for free.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:08 AM
Dodgerslose

Test test can I post here

Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 AM
Dodgerslose

Ok. I guess I can post -- I know this thread is a little old but you don't need a $500 tool - I see them on the internet for about half that -- and if you can find a good buddy in your area on this forum maybe you can get someone that has a tool to read the codes for you for $30 or something. Google for "SRS scanner code" and you will get scanners that scan the SRS "secondary restraint system". Personally I hate taking my car to the dealer -- half the time they give you wrong information and I don't trust that they tell you the truth the other half. I think most of the time they will tell you its the airbag box even though it might just be a loose connection -- just my theory.

Of course, if you are posting on this forum you are wanting information -- not just to be told to "take it to the shop". Really pissed me off once when I was having trouble with an oil change and one forum (not this one) member told me to take it to the shop -- sheesh! If this is your mentality why are you even trolling here -- are you a dealer mole?

Old 01-19-2014, 03:50 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Over 2 years old.

Quick Reply: how to get airbag codes?????