Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Dodge Journey Vs. Nissan Murano

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dodge Journey Vs. Nissan Murano

In the market for a new SUV for the wife. Currently on our second Jeep Grand Cherokee. First was an '01 with the inline 6cyl. LOVED IT!! Current is a '06 with the 3.7 v-6, absolute POS!!

Anyway, as much as I'd love to stay with the Mopar family, we've been looking closely at the Nissan Murano. I just recently came across the Journey. Looking at the specs, it is a little bit smaller for passenger space but rates higher for HP and MPG.

Just curious if any of the Journey owners have had any experience with the Murano and how it compares to your ride. I know most are gonna be biased because you own the Journey, but what I'm looking for are comfort, interior space, room for child seat in rear(have a 2yr old) etc..

Thanks guys..

Old 03-18-2012, 11:03 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All I can tell you is Repair on Nissan is as expensive as German cars.
Everytime I tried to fix something on a Nissan, it cost the customer an arm and leg. Just ask any Mechanics. If you want to get an Asian car, stay with Honda and Toyota.
SUV wise, the 2012 Grand Cherokee is pretty solid. You will not regret it if you buy one. Just stay away from Air Suspension.

The Journey, Brake wears seems to be problematic, it shares the same brake as the Minivan. Other than that, it is a pretty solid car. Stay away from 19" wheel if you are getting one.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:10 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Never had any problems with our 2010 Journey before we traded it off for a van that had more room. I can say I sure did enjoy the six speed auto trans in the winter do to the fact that can be shifted like a manual trans. Oh we never did have any problems with the brakes though Dodge did step up sent all owners a letter extending the warranty on brakes to 3 years an would pay you back if you had them replaced during the first 36 months of ownership.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

Thanks guys. Well, pulled the trigger today. Just got back from the dealer. Traded the Jeep for a 2010 Journey SXT w/ 20k on it. All-Wheel-Drive and just fairly loaded. Guess we'll see about the brakes. Just went driving around today to test drive a few and see what one we liked, but ya know how that goes.. Pickin it up tomorrow..

Old 03-19-2012, 08:28 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

awe... man, u didn't get the 2011 or 2012? the interior quality is a dramatic improvement.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

Now where were you a few hours ago?? Oh well, '11 and '12 were probably out of my price range anyway...

Quick Reply: Dodge Journey Vs. Nissan Murano