Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

dodge journey 2012 - odb2 to monitor awd on android

Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 PM
edzbm2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge journey 2012 - odb2 to monitor awd on android

hi all,
i just got a dodge journey 2012 sxt w/awd about a month ago. so far, its a great vehicle, especially for a small family. i've been wondering about the awd performance, though. has anyone tried using one of those odb2 devices to monitor performance on an android tablet? if so, which one did you use and how easy was it to set up? does it show awd performance?

thanks,
ed

Old 11-12-2012, 08:42 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No it does not, those OBD2 are generic stuff. Most of the info you can pull from a Generic OBD2 is alrdy on your Dash display. Like Fuel Economy, Engine temp, trans temp, etc...
There are few extra Data it shows, however, they are more for Diagnostic/repair, not performance monitor.

Last edited by steak59; 11-12-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Rubberdude88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steak59
No it does not, those OBD2 are generic stuff. Most of the info you can pull from a Generic OBD2 is alrdy on your Dash display. Like Fuel Economy, Engine temp, trans temp, etc...
There are few extra Data it shows, however, they are more for Diagnostic/repair, not performance monitor.
This is not correct. I use Torque Pro from the Play Store and it allows you to see almost 100 different parameters. As well, you can check thrown engine codes, it has a video recorder that you can overlay any parameter you wish. It has a racing meter. Well worth checking out. I use the adapter with my Samsung smartphone. Great app. Use it daily to record data and download to PC.

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dodge journey 2012 - odb2 to monitor awd on android