Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

spark plugs replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 PM
vicnicgen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plugs replacement

I just purchase a 2013 Journey 2.4 eng. and IŽll like to know how to replace the spark plugs(I want to use the iridium ones)

Old 06-12-2013, 11:06 PM
eaglescanfly
Rookie

Hey it's very easy. 4 cylinder engines are only 4 spark plugs.

Watch this youtube video. It's a caliber but similiar idea. Minus the cover. Yours will have a cover and it's easy to pop up. No screw drivers needed.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:08 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Pop the plastic cover off, pull the wires off (one by one), use the appropriate size socket and extensions to remove the old plug. Properly gap the new plug and reinstall. Repeat till all plugs are done, replace the plastic cover. Not much to it at all. Pretty self explanatory once you open the hood.

Last edited by jkeaton; 06-14-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:48 PM
eaglescanfly
Rookie

Hey Jkeaton, I would have wrotten the instructions lol.... But it was a pain with all the steps lol.... Just joking. The four cylinder when in a proper vehicle are a great motor. Very easy to do your own work with all of that empty space in the engine compartment lol.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:48 AM
vicnicgen

Thank you all for the info , Victor

Old 06-15-2013, 11:43 AM
eaglescanfly
Rookie

No problem. That is what we are all here for. And Welcome to the Dodge Forum Site.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:31 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglescanfly
Hey Jkeaton, I would have wrotten the instructions lol.... But it was a pain with all the steps lol.... Just joking. The four cylinder when in a proper vehicle are a great motor. Very easy to do your own work with all of that empty space in the engine compartment lol.
Haha.....imo they never should have put a 4 cylinder in the Journey. It's way underpowered for that car and gas mileage sucks. But it is nice not having to remove an intake manifold to reach the back plugs like on my other FWD V6 cars.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:48 PM
eaglescanfly
Rookie

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Haha.....imo they never should have put a 4 cylinder in the Journey. It's way underpowered for that car and gas mileage sucks. But it is nice not having to remove an intake manifold to reach the back plugs like on my other FWD V6 cars.
I totally agree with that. A couple I know they have one and they find it hard to have a tank last long. Those 4 cylinders are for calibers and other smaller and lighter vehicles. Actually my old 2010 Dodge Journey took 8 bolts on top of manifold, 2 bolts on the side and 2 bolts on the back of the manifold. You would think thats a lot but man it was easy once you do it the first time. Not a lot of resources tho that show you actually on how to do it. So it took some time the first time taking off but putting back on it was fast.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:41 PM
greenmachineiijh
Amateur

Yes, my 2009 SXT was the same way. I had to DIG around the internet and dealers to find the key to it all... The TWO bolts at the back of the intake manifold that you have to find and remove by feel. Those hold everything on.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:20 AM
inuyasha

is there a similar video by any chance?

Quick Reply: spark plugs replacement