Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Sirius XM "acquiring signal" message

Old 07-11-2013, 04:50 PM
stanas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius XM "acquiring signal" message

I have purchased a 2012 Dodge Journey SXT 4 months ago that came with Sirius XM. There has been an "acquiring signal" message since last night. I switched to FM radio and it switches itself back to SAT and acquiring signal message. I turned audio off or the radio off and after a few seconds it turns itself back on and goes straight to SAT with the acquiring signal message. I thought maybe the subscription had run out but shouldn't I still be able to get FM and AM radio without Sirius? Do I need to take it in to the dealership - is there some kind of update to uconnect that I need? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by stanas; 07-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:32 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery for a half hour or so first.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:10 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And if that doesn't work, then take it to the dealer.

Yes you will have fm and am radio without sat when the subscription is up.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:02 PM
dancovington
Default did battery disconnect work?

Stanas - I have exactly the same problem; any radio selection bounces back to SAT "acquiring signal" and I can't tune to the right channel to receive a new signal; did disconnecting the battery work for you? if not, how did you resolve? thanks

Old 08-20-2013, 03:02 PM
dancovington
Default found a solution

My SAT recently began reverting always to SAT and "acquiring signal" even when I tried to tune AM or FM. I could not tune SAT at all (to receive a signal "refresh" for instance). I yanked the radio fuse (#128 on 2012 Journey) for 30 minutes, then returned it. When I powered up car, and turned on SAT radio, it was tuned to channel 184 without me tuning anything, I sent a signal "refresh" via siriusxm website, and after a 5-10 minute wait, SAT radio was back in business.

Oddly, this issue first popped up (and remained) just after the initial factory/dealer one-year subscription expired. Go figure.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:46 AM
stanas

Thanks so much for your post - glad it worked for you - I can't wait to try it after I get off work today! Will let you know how it turns out.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:55 PM
stanas

It worked just like a charm. Thanks so much!

Old 09-23-2013, 06:37 AM
MikiRobinson

My SAT radio started doing the exact same thing right after the one year free trial as well. I've always wondered if there was something to that, but I just figured it was my suspicious mind. After reading your post, I am starting to believe it is not really a coincidence.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:59 PM
angelac76

So pissed at Sirius, and Dodge, our subscription for our 2013 Journey ended two days ago and we've had this acquiring signal ever since. Called sirius and they said it's just a coincidence and not their fault, Called the dealer and they said it's a hundred twenty five dollar charge to diagnose and fix. I'm trying this trick with the fuse before I go to the dealer. I won't be subscribing to sirius and very doubtful I'll buy dodge again. This is planned failure in my opinion.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:32 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Our subscription ended, we just use the radio. Never had any problems. Just set to FM and never push the satellite button.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sirius XM "acquiring signal" message