Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Heater hose fittings

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 04:57 PM
B-2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater hose fittings

The Wife has a 09 Journey V6 3.5 it over heated so she had it towed back to the house. I changed the thermistat but when I filled it back up it has a leak now behind the engine, it looks like a hose fitting. Has anyone had to change the heater hose fitting behind the engine, I can't see how to get to it with out droping the engine or taking off the upper intake manifold. this car is driven me nuts.
Thanks Bill

Old 11-02-2013, 04:34 PM
B-2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got the fitting fixed I also replaced the water pump & timing belt. But it is still over heating, it seems to be Ok parked. But overheats not to long after you start driving, the fan motor should keep on running after you shut off the engine until the temp comes down right. Well it stops running as soon as you shut off the engine. How hard is it to change the radiator, I let it cool down completely & started it up & let it set running until it came up to temp. well the top radiator hose did not get hot until it over heated. So I am begining to think it is the radiator. I have already changed the thermostat, it looks like it will be a bear to change the radiator.

Quick Reply: Heater hose fittings