Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 06:37 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

I will say, what is taking me awhile to get used to, is the drive by wire system. The throttle reacts completely different than any other vehicle I have ever driven. It's almost like there is a brief lag between what your foot is doing and what you expect the engine to be doing. Also the 6 speed auto is taking some getting used to. I occasionally get a clunk if I start out in first and immediately let off the gas. Not sure about it but I'm chalking it up to me learning how to drive it properly. I am very in tune with vehicles when I drive them, listening and feeling for abnormalities. This being a new vehicle to me, I will reserve blaming the car until I get more familiar with the way the car drives. I wonder if there is a TSB for an update available that re-calibrates the throttle/transmission. Like I said, it's too early for me to decide if it's an actual mechanical issue or just me still learning the car. I only get to drive it once or twice a week (its the wife's daily driver) and she has mentioned nothing about anything abnormal, so, as long as the wife is happy.....

Quick Reply: Worst vehicle I have ever owned