Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:02 PM
StampinQB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Worst vehicle I have ever owned

I purchased a new 2013 journey sxt on memorial weekend and had the dealer install the rear backup camera. First thing I noticed was sitting at a light the vehicle would shake. Then when you were driving the transmission feels like it is slipping. Took it in and the took the service mgr for a test drive which he drove and he said he felt no shaking even though you could see it and that the transmission was normal something about it being a new 9 point transmission. Now I slowly will put on the brakes and it feels like I go over 5 little speed bumps and sometimes when I accelerate the vehicle doesn't go it chugs. I am so embarrassed to even have someone ride in this vehicle. I only have 2400 miles on it and I absolutely hate this thing! Have any of these things happened to anyone else or did I just get a lemon? I haven't taken it back to the dealer because I really don't believe they care and will just come up with another excuse or it's normal.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:28 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Welcome to DF! Sorry for your troubles. I love my DJ. No problems at all out of our 2013. Had a few with the 09, but it had a lot of miles on it and things will wear out over time. Nothing major. If you wont take it back to the dealer and complain, then your stuck with it. Thats your choice. If your not satisfied with a particular dealer, find another. There are lemon laws, but you have to document things.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:51 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StampinQB
I purchased a new 2013 journey sxt on memorial weekend and had the dealer install the rear backup camera. First thing I noticed was sitting at a light the vehicle would shake. Then when you were driving the transmission feels like it is slipping. Took it in and the took the service mgr for a test drive which he drove and he said he felt no shaking even though you could see it and that the transmission was normal something about it being a new 9 point transmission. Now I slowly will put on the brakes and it feels like I go over 5 little speed bumps and sometimes when I accelerate the vehicle doesn't go it chugs. I am so embarrassed to even have someone ride in this vehicle. I only have 2400 miles on it and I absolutely hate this thing! Have any of these things happened to anyone else or did I just get a lemon? I haven't taken it back to the dealer because I really don't believe they care and will just come up with another excuse or it's normal.
StampinQB,

Sorry to hear about your concerns with your Journey. If you are not satisfied with your current dealer have you thought about getting it diagnosed by an alternate Dodge dealer for a second opinion? Or have you been able to test drive a similar Journey?

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I'd me happy to review this further with you.

Welcome to the Dodge Forum!

Old 11-07-2013, 05:07 PM
greenmachineiijh
Amateur

Welcome! Our group is small, but I believe it is because there are actually so few problems with this vehicle considering how many are on the road.

As suggested, talk to Chrysler DIRECTLY. The dealer is only going to do so much and they do not go to the manufacturer for warranty repairs unless they can pinpoint an issue. I went straight to Chrysler and the couple of issues I had were taken care of, even shortly after the factory warranty was over. Also try a different dealer or authorized repair center for your diagnosis.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Journey_SeXT

Is your SXT the 6 or 4 cylinder? My 6 cylinder at redlights is so smooth and quiet that I feel like the vehicle is not even on. If you feel that you truly have a problem Journey then ask the dealer to let you drive the same model and engine as yours and see if it behaves any differently. That would be the only way to determine if what you describe is normal or not.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by Journey_SeXT
Is your SXT the 6 or 4 cylinder? My 6 cylinder at redlights is so smooth and quiet that I feel like the vehicle is not even on. If you feel that you truly have a problem Journey then ask the dealer to let you drive the same model and engine as yours and see if it behaves any differently. That would be the only way to determine if what you describe is normal or not.
Thats good advice.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:48 PM
StampinQB

Thanks for all of the advise, I have 2 cousins who have the same vehicle but theirs are 4 cyl and they aren't sxt's and they don't have these happen to theirs. I am going to email the owner of the dealership to see if he can help. The vehicle that I test drove did not do these things but as I said they are intermittent and mine didn't start doing it till 200 miles. One thing I would like to know if when you let off the gas the vehicle immediately feels like it is down shifting and slows way down? Again thanks for your comments and advise.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:38 AM
rg92fm

We have a 2013 SXT 4 cyl and haven't noticed any issues at idle. Runs smooth and quiet. Although the transmission takes some getting used to, it runs out fine.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:06 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Thanks for all of the advise, I have 2 cousins who have the same vehicle but theirs are 4 cyl and they aren't sxt's and they don't have these happen to theirs. I am going to email the owner of the dealership to see if he can help. The vehicle that I test drove did not do these things but as I said they are intermittent and mine didn't start doing it till 200 miles. One thing I would like to know if when you let off the gas the vehicle immediately feels like it is down shifting and slows way down? Again thanks for your comments and advise.
What is the tach doing? If it is downshifting, you will see the RPM's go up.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:53 PM
TDTIPMO
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2013 SXT Blacktop and I don't have any of the issues you're talking about. Braking is smooth, transmission is smooth and I don't have any bouncing or vibrations under any circumstances. Sounds like a lemon to me. I would ask to drive another one and compare what you're feeling to a different vehicle. Doesn't sound normal to me. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Worst vehicle I have ever owned