Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Dodge Journey SXT 2009 - Repair/Service Manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 10:24 PM
inuyasha
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Journey SXT 2009 - Repair/Service Manual

Hello,

Is there a repair manual for Dodge Journey SXT 2009 that I can download, so I have a guide and won't need to go to dealership for minor maintenance, I'll do it myself.

Hope you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Inuyasha

Old 01-15-2014, 07:31 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Do noty believe there is one available for a free download. For simple maintenance, a Chiltons or Haynes manual would suffice. You can buy one at a parts store or online.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:19 PM
webslave
Amateur

One of the biggest problems with the newer cars. No "Official Repair Manuals" any longer. Even the dealerships don't have "paper" manuals. If they have anything it is a DVD and most of the time they use "repair manuals" straight off the computer located at the service bay which uses a central source over the internet. The last "official" manual I was ever able to get was for my 2008 Jeep Hemi Commander. 9 volumes that, when stacked, were just shy of 20" tall. Those were the official Mopar manuals; haven't been able to get paper or DVD manuals since then. I've even tried dealing with the company that makes the DVDs for MOPAR and they just keep giving me the run-around and no manuals...really annoying; I can't get torque specifications for a loose bolt if there isn't a manual listing it.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:53 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

I found this, apparently you can get a service manual in DVD, it aint cheap though. Go to this site: http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/

Then use the "FIND & DOWNLOAD MANUALS FROM 1981 TO THE PRESENT" section to input your year, make, model. It will give you a list of available manuals, including diagnostic manuals (on DVD of course). They are a couple hundred bucks though.

Looks like I was wrong about chiltons. With the complexity of cars these days, a chilto0ns manual would have to be 5000 pages long.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:06 PM
webslave
Amateur

I looked last November and they didn't have anything for the 2013. My conversations with TechAuthority ended with them saying that the DVDs would no longer be available to the general public. I'm glad they changed their minds (maybe there were enough folks like me complaining bitterly)... I just ordered the general repair manual ($134.99; total cost $168.55) and, evidentally, the "diagnostic" manual is included, as when I did a search using "diagnostic" it came up with the same "repair manual" that I'd already put in my "cart". I still prefer a paper book for use in the shop, but, I'll certainly take what I can get. At least now I can get the proper procedures and most importantly the torque values to go with them!

I would probably have checked their website again, but, not quite so soon; thanks jkeaton for posting your "find".

Old 01-16-2014, 07:30 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by webslave
I looked last November and they didn't have anything for the 2013. My conversations with TechAuthority ended with them saying that the DVDs would no longer be available to the general public. I'm glad they changed their minds (maybe there were enough folks like me complaining bitterly)... I just ordered the general repair manual ($134.99; total cost $168.55) and, evidentally, the "diagnostic" manual is included, as when I did a search using "diagnostic" it came up with the same "repair manual" that I'd already put in my "cart". I still prefer a paper book for use in the shop, but, I'll certainly take what I can get. At least now I can get the proper procedures and most importantly the torque values to go with them!

I would probably have checked their website again, but, not quite so soon; thanks jkeaton for posting your "find".
I'm the same. Old school I guess, but I'd rather read a manual. I admit, sometimes I have a you tube video up along with the book when I'm doing something I've never done before.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:50 PM
webslave
Amateur

I can always "print" the section I need, but, a book is easier to flip back and forth. One thing I found disheartening is that the DVD manual description on the TechAuthority site said that it didn't have complete electrical schematics, just the wiring in the appropriate sections associated with that repair; no "big view" of the wiring harness...bummer.

Quick Reply: Dodge Journey SXT 2009 - Repair/Service Manual