Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

13 Dodge Journey locks itself and continues

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Crazydogmom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 13 Dodge Journey locks itself and continues

Tonight my 2013 Dodge Journey is locking itself. No matter what I do. Meaning I can unlock it with the key fob and all of a sudden it will lock. Normally if your keys are in the car and you push the button on the outside door handle the door will not lock, but will if you push the lock inside the door. If I forgot my keys in the car and walk away my Journey locks itself. Not once but continously. It will not stay unlocked at all, you will hear.... The sound of the lock mechanism will constantly lock even though the journey is already locked? Electrical problem? Advice? Happens to anyone else? Thanks so much for any feedback.
Melissa

Old 05-11-2014, 07:33 AM
bigtsr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds as if the module that recognizes the fob
has failed , you could disconnect the car battery
negative terminal at booster point to see if that
will reset CanBus system other than that it's a
2013 so make use of its warranty.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:08 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you key fobik might be bad, sending false signal.
Try it this way, put your key fob far far away, and open the door with the mechanical key, see what happens.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:03 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazydogmom
Tonight my 2013 Dodge Journey is locking itself. No matter what I do. Meaning I can unlock it with the key fob and all of a sudden it will lock. Normally if your keys are in the car and you push the button on the outside door handle the door will not lock, but will if you push the lock inside the door. If I forgot my keys in the car and walk away my Journey locks itself. Not once but continously. It will not stay unlocked at all, you will hear.... The sound of the lock mechanism will constantly lock even though the journey is already locked? Electrical problem? Advice? Happens to anyone else? Thanks so much for any feedback.
Melissa
Crazydogmom,

I'm sorry to hear of your door lock issue. Is this affecting all doors, or is it isolated to one in particular? Being a 2013, it is likely your warranty is still valid. I recommend setting up an appointment with your Dodge Dealer.

From your description, it seems as though you will be able to demonstrate the issue for the service dept. The dealer's ability to duplicate the concern will certainly help the diagnosis process and pinpoint what the root cause is.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:33 PM
Sai5781
Default Journey Lock Problem

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
Crazydogmom,

I'm sorry to hear of your door lock issue. Is this affecting all doors, or is it isolated to one in particular? Being a 2013, it is likely your warranty is still valid. I recommend setting up an appointment with your Dodge Dealer.

From your description, it seems as though you will be able to demonstrate the issue for the service dept. The dealer's ability to duplicate the concern will certainly help the diagnosis process and pinpoint what the root cause is.
I had the same problem doors was locking it self.
all I did was change the Driver side control and its all good now.

Old 08-31-2022, 10:22 AM
Mikep09

Originally Posted by Sai5781
I had the same problem doors was locking it self.
all I did was change the Driver side control and its all good now.
where is the driver side control?

Quick Reply: 13 Dodge Journey locks itself and continues