Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2014 dodge journey 2.4l fan not turning on?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 05:03 PM
thedodge01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 dodge journey 2.4l fan not turning on?

I have a 2014 dodge journey 2.4l 37000 miles, and it says the oil is overheating. I have replaced the oil temp sensor and no luck still says it. I have replaced the coolant temp sensor also. i have noticed that my electric cooling fan does not turn on high. it will blow air but not very fast at all. when i unplug the coolant sensor the fan will then turn on high. why is this? what tells the fan to turn on high? also it says that my coolant is 210 and the fan not be going. thanks for any help!

Old 07-06-2016, 05:29 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by thedodge01
I have a 2014 dodge journey 2.4l 37000 miles, and it says the oil is overheating. I have replaced the oil temp sensor and no luck still says it. I have replaced the coolant temp sensor also. i have noticed that my electric cooling fan does not turn on high. it will blow air but not very fast at all. when i unplug the coolant sensor the fan will then turn on high. why is this? what tells the fan to turn on high? also it says that my coolant is 210 and the fan not be going. thanks for any help!
Have you had the opportunity to bring your vehicle into a certified dealer for diagnosis? Thanks - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Old 03-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Dougsheman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2012 Journey 3.6 is overheating and Im troubleshooting to figure out why. My question is, at what temp should the radiator fan motor come on? and where is the fan motor relay located?

Quick Reply: 2014 dodge journey 2.4l fan not turning on?