Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Journey engine start issue

Old 05-28-2017, 09:39 AM
renan298
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No Spark

Hi all. I'm from Brazil and i have a big problem with a Dodge Journey 3.6 v6 2012.

We replaced the right ADM camshaft, the rocker arms and the lifters.

The engine was timing exactly, and we checked it two times again, but the engine don't start.

This is what happens:

The engine crancks, but don't start. Sometimes after a long time without any attempts to start the engine it starts for 2 or 3 seconds, but in a very low RPM and dies again.

There is no OBD code, but when we press the start key without press the break pedal, the Engine Check Light blinks and then go solid, and the red light with a bolt (i think it's the throttle body light) blink sometimes.

When the car arrived to the repair shop, it was working good. The problem was only in the right Head, with two brokes rocker arms, and a damaged camshaft.

i made some new tests here and there is no spark on spark plugs. the engine cranks, have fuel but not spark...the crankshaft position sensor is a new OEM sensor.

The crankshaft positon sensor is a Bradn New OEM and the problem is still here.

Here it is:

We replaced the right ADM camshaft, the rocker arms and the lifters.

The engine was timing exactly, and we checked it two times again, but the engine don't start.

This is what happens:

The engine crancks, but don't start. Sometimes after a long time without any attempts to start the engine it starts for 2 or 3 seconds, but in a very low RPM and dies again.

There is no OBD code, but when we press the start key without press the break pedal, the Engine Check Light blinks and then go solid, and the red light with a bolt (i think it's the throttle body light) blink sometimes.

When the car arrived to the repair shop, it was working good. The problem was only in the right Head, with two brokes rocker arms, and a damaged camshaft.

i've replaced Crankshaft position sensor, replaced the battery, cleaned the ground wires. when we try to start it, after some attempts, it smells a lot of fuel. But have no spark on the sparkplugs.

Thank you so much.

Last edited by jkeaton; 06-05-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Search this Thread