Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Extremely Loud Screeching/Grinding sound from front of car under hood only when movin

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 03:06 AM
Jeremy Beavers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extremely Loud Screeching/Grinding sound from front of car under hood only when movin

2013 Dodge Journey

Tonight, I went to pick my fiance up from work maybe 1/2 mile away from the house, I'm not sure if this was occurring on my drive to pick her up i had the radio up pretty loud, but i think i did hear it over the music just didn't think about it being the car... but when i put the car in drive, and started to go home, the Dodge Journey 2013, started very loudly screeching, combined with a loud loud scratching noise, but only when moving in drive or reverse... not revving the engine or anything, was extremely odd, no lights lit up, we got out of the car looked underneath the car while moving, could not see anything, I looked at all brakes and rotors, didn't appear to be bad, we just had the breaks replaced 30 days ago, and have the oil changed habitually every 3000 miles, the first thought i had was that i had accidentally put the E brake on and didn't realize it, but that wasn't it... when i turned out of the parking lot, it still was extremely loud, but than i hit a little bump in the road, and it completely stopped, i just want to make sure this doesn't sound like something i need to look into, and was probably something stuck under the car that fell off, or if it's a warning sign to get it fixed, it sounded horrible when it was happening!! Thanks for any input!!

Last edited by Jeremy Beavers; 06-20-2017 at 03:07 AM. Reason: needed type of car..