Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

CD Player Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 01:57 PM
bbateman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation CD Player Issues

I have a 2013 Dodge Journey and in the last few weeks the CD player has been accessing like crazy (no CD in there) and then gives a "Disc Error." If I try to put in a disc, it will play just fine but if the system is turned off or I get out, when I get back the CD is ejected.

I have tried to kill the power by unplugging the battery overnight.

In the last two days I replaced the battery (I believe that this issue is causing the CD player to try to access all night and it ran the old battery dead). Still doing it with the new battery.

I have the Uconnect 8.4 (no nav) - running the latest firmware. If I turn off the unit, the CD accessing stops.

Is there a fix to this or can I unplug or disable the CD player (I used USB for all my music).

Thanks!
Bill

Old 11-21-2019, 04:20 PM
Ryan Carter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

Originally Posted by bbateman
I have a 2013 Dodge Journey and in the last few weeks the CD player has been accessing like crazy (no CD in there) and then gives a "Disc Error." If I try to put in a disc, it will play just fine but if the system is turned off or I get out, when I get back the CD is ejected.

I have tried to kill the power by unplugging the battery overnight.

In the last two days I replaced the battery (I believe that this issue is causing the CD player to try to access all night and it ran the old battery dead). Still doing it with the new battery.

I have the Uconnect 8.4 (no nav) - running the latest firmware. If I turn off the unit, the CD accessing stops.

Is there a fix to this or can I unplug or disable the CD player (I used USB for all my music).

Thanks!
Bill
i am having the same issue have you found the problem or a fix yet? Thanks

Quick Reply: CD Player Issues