Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Journey Horn blows on it's own

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 11:53 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by tee100
I am having this issue also. I have found this to be a huge issue all over the internet and it is really giving Dodge a bad name with so many years and no answers from the Maker. I sure wish I would have researched this better before trying my first experience with Dodge! Thank you nsenior for sharing your detailed troubleshooting! I have been to the dealership to have the plate replaced and clock spring tightened and still no lock. The horn went off on it's own 6 times while driving yesterday. I keep waiting for someone in the car in front of me to jump out with road rage. It is an awful driving experience. After every drive I have to remove the fuses so the honking does not wake up the entire neighborhood. I really like Dodge cars but this customer experience is something I have to share with all my friends while I am visiting and either opening my hood to remove the fuses in their driveway or watching everyone's embarrassed faces while it is going off in their driveway. PLEASE do something about this Dodge!!! I need to be contacted by Dodge to let me know an answer that does not cost more out of my pocket than what the car is even worth. Hope to hear from you soon.
We apologize for any dissatisfaction. Please follow up with us via PM so we may determine how to best assist you.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Old 11-02-2021, 02:37 PM
tee100
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Journey Horn blows on it's own

Hello Rob,
I have been trying to PM for several weeks now. I found the instructions listed below but there is no ‘start a conversation’ button.

To start a conversation, click our username then select the ‘start a conversation’ button

There is an add a friend button and I assumed by adding DodgeCares as a friend I should be able to message. The request went out weeks ago and my request has gone unanswered. Please let me know how to proceed or even better you can PM me.
Thank you for any hopeful assistance.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:31 AM
tee100

Well now I was sitting at a light on my way to work and my horn starts going off and the person in front of me is getting very annoyed. I raised my hands to show I was not honking at them but they didn't understand and took it as further aggression. He looked like he was about to take his hunting riffle out to teach me a lesson, when the light changed. It has now been a month and a half and Dodge still has not contacted me. I am making this public to stop others from this mistake and to have a trail if I either get hit from driving with my fuses out or someone actually does get mad enough to blow my face off due to Dodge's faulty product. I find it so strange that of all the mottos Dodge chooses to tell everyone that they care. I will be starting my pursuit of finding someone that actually does care about this negligence.

The following users liked this post:
HornWokeMeUP (07-26-2023)
Old 11-29-2021, 11:34 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Well now I was sitting at a light on my way to work and my horn starts going off and the person in front of me is getting very annoyed. I raised my hands to show I was not honking at them but they didn't understand and took it as further aggression. He looked like he was about to take his hunting riffle out to teach me a lesson, when the light changed. It has now been a month and a half and Dodge still has not contacted me. I am making this public to stop others from this mistake and to have a trail if I either get hit from driving with my fuses out or someone actually does get mad enough to blow my face off due to Dodge's faulty product. I find it so strange that of all the mottos Dodge chooses to tell everyone that they care. I will be starting my pursuit of finding someone that actually does care about this negligence.
Good luck!

Old 12-19-2021, 11:42 AM
Misty80
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the same issue since I got my 2010 dodge Journey. My neighbors did not like it when my horn started going off in the middle of the night. Thought it was the anti theft but was not. I took the fuse out for the horn and Tada. But I did hear and see when I took the fuse out the electric shock in the box itself where the fuse was before I pulled it still trying to activate the horn when there was no fuse in it. I have seen in so many forums this same problem as well as many others including brakes with the dodge journey

Old 01-20-2022, 11:21 PM
MissLyss
Default Could be helpful... could be useless but...

Well I was sitting at a light on my way to work and my horn starts going off and the person in front of me is getting very annoyed. I raised my hands to show I was not honking at them but they didn't understand and took it as further aggression. He looked like he was about to take his hunting riffle out to teach me a lesson, when the light changed. It has now been a month and a half and Dodge still has not contacted me. I am making this public to stop others from this mistake and to have a trail if I either get hit from driving with my fuses out or someone actually does get mad enough to blow my face off due to Dodge's faulty product. I find it so strange that of all the mottos Dodge chooses to tell everyone that they care. I will be starting my pursuit of finding someone that actually does care about this negligence.
okay so 1st off, I hope I am commenting correctly, this is my 1st post on this forum.
Secondly, while I just bought my 2015 literally days ago, one of the FIRST things I stumbled across was that the 11-15s have a spontaneous airbag combustion recall. As I stated, this could be useless info for your issue but it caught my eye and I figured it was worth mentioning. Because maybe the airbag is not in it’s correct place and could be ready to come out at any moment and for now, it’s causing issues with the horn. I am no expert. I just would feel bad if I did not mention this, and for some reason this WAS about to happen... ya know?
But if not, (and hopefully it’s not) , I apologize if this was a useless comment.

Best Wishes!

The following users liked this post:
HornWokeMeUP (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 05:17 AM
HornWokeMeUP
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nsenior
After lots of research and my own diagnosis, I was able to narrow it down. Most suggested it being the TIPM, I removed the TIPM and opened it to check the circuit board internally, nothing wrong with it. Checked for rubbed wiring under fuse box, nothing. Removed the air bag and horn switch. Found the ribbon cable rubbed on the mounting bracket for the horn switch causing it to create a ground contact as if the horn was being pressed. Added silicone to the rubbed area, reinstalled, no issues at all. It was a very intermittent issue and I ended up narrowing it down by using a scanner to see the live data stream for the horn switch and horn request, and when I was able to catch it happening I found the horn request would become true with the horn switch off, as if the horn had been pressed for a long duration, and then would function along with the on/off of the switch after a short time. That small horn request with horn switch off is what will tell you if it's the horn switch or another issue.
Thank you! I am printing this out (at 5am) to give to the elderly lady experiencing this issue in the middle of the night, as first thing in the morning when a place opens she is bringing it in. I worry they will take advantage of her and just charge her for the usual thing that has been done to others who have come in with this issue and not fixed it but charged an arm and a leg. She is retired, and I hope by her going in with this information they will realize she is not a push over, and perhaps they will follow this suggestion?? I can only hope.