Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

09 Dodge Journey LIGHTNING BOLT FLASHING(undrivable)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 07:44 AM
Cylegreen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Dodge Journey LIGHTNING BOLT FLASHING(undrivable)

I have a 09 Dodge Journey 2.4L that ran fine for the last 9 months. One day about 3 months ago it had the lightning bolt flashing and would turn over ten times before it would start up. No throttle body response at all and once in drive or reverse it was trying to GO(like you was giving it a tiny bit of throttle). Shut it off for couple hours and then started back up no problems for 3 months. Then my wife was driving and it happened again. And this time it is staying like that. She actually drove it 15 miles home. It will drive(pretty much idle) at 10, 15, sometimes hit 20mph. It mostly surges and once you hit 20mph it'll stay there for a minute or fall on its face surging. Turns over strong but barely starts up, sometimes having to hold the throttle to the floor(again no throttle body response at anytime). I unhooked the battery and left it a couple days, thinking it would reset the codes and throttle body. Nothing changed at all. So I bought a throttle body. Same thing. Also borrowed a friends reader to erase codes but they never left, maybe need a better reader. Anyways what to y'all think it is?

Quick Reply: 09 Dodge Journey LIGHTNING BOLT FLASHING(undrivable)