Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2012 Dodge Journey Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 06:08 AM
claddlmt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Dodge Journey Issues

I purchased this vehicle used about and a half ago and have been experiencing issues with the back-up camera and the cruise control working intermittently. Sometimes when I put the vehicle in reverse the image is blurry or has white lines throughout, is upside down and shows a very small area just behind the bumper, while other times it is working properly where the camera is showing a large area behind the vehicle and the colored guide lines appear in the image. As for the cruise control, it works intermittently as well. I took a trip this past weekend and the cruise control worked the entire trip to my destination even after each stop but on the ride home I could not get it to turn on while on the highway with many attempts within the first hour on the road. After stopping for gas and entering the highway I was able to turn it on and it was functioning properly. after half an hour I got off the highway for a bit and turned the cruise control off and it would not turn back on at any speed for the remainder of the 3 hour trip. Are you able to advise if there is a known issue with these items? Thank you

Old 05-15-2018, 07:13 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Probably the TIPM going bad. Need to get it to a dealer for a diagnosis.

Quick Reply: 2012 Dodge Journey Issues