Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Negative Battery Terminal Temperature Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Coraxe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Negative Battery Terminal Temperature Sensor

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey and had to replace the old battery with a new one. Guy that was helping me ended up snapping a sensor (part #: 04692269AG) off the negative terminal. My Journey is my only means of transportation and I was wondering, since the terminal is still in good condition and every part site I went to wanted more then $100 for it, can the car still function properly without the temperature sensor plugged in? or is it a bad idea?

Old 01-10-2020, 03:54 AM
James Waugh

[QUOTE=Coraxe;3398370]

Was You Able 2 by pass it or did u have 2 buy the part. Having same problem in my Chrysler 300

Old 01-13-2020, 05:31 PM
Jean-francois v

Originally Posted by Coraxe

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey and had to replace the old battery with a new one. Guy that was helping me ended up snapping a sensor (part #: 04692269AG) off the negative terminal. My Journey is my only means of transportation and I was wondering, since the terminal is still in good condition and every part site I went to wanted more then $100 for it, can the car still function properly without the temperature sensor plugged in? or is it a bad idea?

sorry but you can’t go without, it’s not only a “temperature “ sensor , it’s actually part of your voltage regulator system.. I paid 250.00 can for mine , now got voltage !!

Old 01-13-2020, 06:19 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

its an intelligent battery sensor. It reports current, temp, voltage, state of health information to the pcm. the pcm controls voltage regulation not the sensor. the sensor sends information the pcm uses to optimize battery charging to improve battery life and fuel ecomony. When the sensor is unplugged the battery should still charge fine.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:43 PM
Jean-francois v

Originally Posted by primem
its an intelligent battery sensor. It reports current, temp, voltage, state of health information to the pcm. the pcm controls voltage regulation not the sensor. the sensor sends information the pcm uses to optimize battery charging to improve battery life and fuel ecomony. When the sensor is unplugged the battery should still charge fine.

Yes it is , mine was broken during battery switch , before changing it I had 10.5 volts, after changing it : 14.5 .. quite an important change !

Old 01-14-2020, 12:31 AM
primem
Record Breaker

people with stop/start unplug it to disable the stop/start system. On these vehicles the charging system still charges. the op can measure his battery voltage and go from there.

The following users liked this post:
jkeaton (01-14-2020)
Old 02-03-2020, 03:07 PM
Speedy McSparkles

"people with stop/start unplug it to disable the stop/start system"

Good to know.

Old 02-03-2020, 03:43 PM
primem
Record Breaker

pushing the disable button once at start up seems to be irritating to some owners!!!

Old 03-07-2021, 11:14 PM
Jacob Rodriguez

Originally Posted by Jean-francois v
Yes it is , mine was broken during battery switch , before changing it I had 10.5 volts, after changing it : 14.5 .. quite an important change !
So your car will still start without this sensor?? I broke mine and changed the battery and tried to tape it back together and the car is not starting now and getting zero electric to the interior lights.

Old 08-13-2021, 05:58 PM
preferDIYfixes

Originally Posted by Jacob Rodriguez
So your car will still start without this sensor?? I broke mine and changed the battery and tried to tape it back together and the car is not starting now and getting zero electric to the interior lights.
I’m having the same problem I broke the sensor and now i get no power anywhere after it worked fine for a short time. Will replacing fix this?

Quick Reply: Negative Battery Terminal Temperature Sensor