Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Journey

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 09:57 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

how much draw does the vehicle have after all the modules have entered sleep mode. definitely should be less than 50milliamps...dodge spec may be 35milliamps.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:47 AM
Ellen-84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mechanic said it’s one of two things yesterday, the ignition or the computer. I hope it doesn’t need a computer it may just need to be reset. The financing company had a gps tracker in it we thought maybe it was that not working anymore. So they checked it and It was still working fine but they gave permission to have it removed.
still won’t start just clicks. The mechanic is sending it to a dodge dealer to run a diagnostic on the computer. This is insane the car is not worth as much money as I am putting in to it.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:53 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

why not unplug the module and monitor the current draw? Let the dealer address it as its apparent your mechanic can't fix it.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:28 AM
Ellen-84

So we took it to a dodge dealer they had it for a week before they tested it and sure enough it was the damn computer. Had that replaced got it home about 5 days ago. Took them over a month because they had to find a new computer. I found it in the end.i don’t think it completely solved the problem because there has been a couple times it didn’t start right up, and the horn still honks by itself. So many problems.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Ellen-84

I’m not sure where my last post went but I’ve only had my car back a few weeks and I think my starter is gone again, it’s had the battery light going on and off the last week. I didn’t take it to the shop cause I’m broke, I thought maybe it’s just that it’s got corrosion on the battery it was never changed so I never drove It more then a couple hours at a time. It had been a couple days since I saw the light on so I decided to take it to the big theatre to see hell fest (not great)yesterday. The light showed up again when i turned it back on after the movie. Was on for half hour till I stopped at a timmies. I turned it back on and the lights gone and the car runs great. Half hour later I’m home and it’s fine today I drive it to my moms and home half hour each way I’m about five minutes from home the light comes on again I get it home and think ok maybe I’ll go to Canadian tire and get a wire brush for the corrosion. I turn the car on the lights off again. So I go to Canadian tire and it turned on again half way there. I get the things get in the car go to Tim’s and sure enough it’s on again the first turn I can’t roll up windows, then all the lights for the breaks and air bag come on. Holy crap. I got it home and popped the hood thinking it’s likely the alternator but it’s only warm, the other side is throwing heat. I tried turning the key again and got freaking clicking. The damn starter again, I got it in. July... unless it’s just so dead. I managed to get the windows up slowly but they are up. Any ideas. I did call my mechanic the first time the light went on and did mention about the neutral safety switch he didn’t think so but he said to bring it in but because the light went off and I don’t have the money for the mechanic that never happened.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Ellen-84

Oh it doesn’t look very corroded on the battery. And today we did try pushing In Fuses and cords tighter.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:19 AM
Ellen-84

So we changed the battery because it was something to get it to the shop without Caa. And we were hoping that was the issue. But nope I got it in the car starts again but the battery light stays on. Well it’s off for the first five minutes before it turns on. I hope I can get to work and then to the shop. Any one want to buy a Dodge Journey 2009.

Quick Reply: Journey