Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

remote keyless entry with remote start

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 02:03 PM
T'sDee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question remote keyless entry with remote start

I recently purchased a 2016 Dodge Journey Crossroad and I am trying to find out if it is equipped with remote start. I have looked up and used VIN decoder, but either I am not reading it right or it's incorrect. It states that I have a Universal garage door opener and my journey isn't equipped with that. Is there any way I can determine if it does have remote start without taking it to the dealer? I will add that when I purchased the vehicle, it came with 2 fobs, but I do not know if they are the original fobs.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:39 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts
Old 08-17-2018, 05:55 PM
T'sDee

Thank you so much! I will try that.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:06 PM
T'sDee

Originally Posted by T'sDee
Thank you so much! I will try that.
I haven't heard back about my build sheet, but I did find info online that states if you have remote start, you can adjust the settings on Uconnect. I went through my settings and the option isn't there. So we called the dealership to inquire about having remote start installed and was quoted 766.97 for parts and labor. Is this a reasonable amount to pay? Parts art 299 + tax, labor is 440.00.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:15 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

About right.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:34 AM
ZEN357
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't pay that for a remote start. You can go to an aftermarket audio/alarm shop and have it done way cheaper. Just check some out online and check the reviews before you take the leap.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:05 PM
T'sDee

Thank you for all of your help! I finally figured out where to get my build sheet and it isn't included. A few evenings ago I was driving in the late evening and realized that I didn't have any headlights on. I do have my DRLs set to on per my U connect settings. When the call was made to the dealer about the remote start, we also asked about the automatic lights and were told by the service shop that if it didn't come with them, it couldn't be added. I do have the sensor on my dash. I am just astounded that I traded a 2004 trailblazer that did have automatic lights for this 2016 dodge that doesn't. I truly hope that isn't a sign that these are cheaply built cars. It is like it was hit or miss with the amenities that came with these cars.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:22 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Thats how they keep the costs down, only certain packages come with certain features. Anyway, that dealer is an idiot. They CAN certainly add automatic headlights. I'd find another dealer.

Last edited by jkeaton; 08-23-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:52 PM
T'sDee

Ok. Thank you. I will look. I emailed dodge about it. If I don't hear back soon, I am going to call them and find out which dealer can add the lights.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:23 PM
T'sDee

I wanted to update my post. I am at the dealer as I type this and have found out that the sensor for the ambient lighting that is required to switch automatic headlights off and on is actually not located on the dash, it is located on the backside(sun side) of the rearview mirror. The service dept manager here is going to do everything he can to "upgrade" my journey to have automatic headlights! Fingers crossed. I will update again after my visit today.

Quick Reply: remote keyless entry with remote start