Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2010 Journey wont start after running

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 07:03 AM
Michael Hunt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Journey wont start after running

Had a problem for 8 months where after starting in morning driving for 10 mins go park and come back out to start and it wont. Replaced battery and wasn't problem. Still does it, replaced battery cause the issue ruined the other.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:30 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Won't tun over or turns over and wont start? There is a big difference between the two when it comes to troubleshooting.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:54 PM
migz16
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue on mine fixed

Dude, I have a 2009 sxt v6 journey. Same issue like u said. I would be at a gas station and the car woulnt start. I burned 3 starters trying to figure it out. For me it ended up being a mix of 3 things. camshaft positioning sensor, contacts at the starter was isolated and rusty and spark plug boots. After doing all 3 my car never did it again. Also, there's a known recall on these cars with the ignition switch. It could be a bad start. What I would recommend is; when this happens to not keep turning the key... You will burn the starter. Take out the key, re insert and try again. Trust me it will save your starters if it's an ignition switch.

Now, what my mechanic noticed and I saw myself is that, there's a metal plate like gasket that goes between the starter and engine. This plate does get lose over time as is thin aluminum like. When you go to turn the engine it rattles and makes contact with the terminals on the starter causing a short. If that's the case the car won't turn on.

Jkeaton once pointed out on my thread a while back for this issue to check to see if you have a leaky injector. It wasnt the case on mine... The 3 things I mentioned fixed it. I would start with the easiest and cheapest which is the camshaft sensor.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: 2010 Journey wont start after running