Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2018 Journey Crossroad w/V6 - Oil Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 02:24 PM
tanker001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2018 Journey Crossroad w/V6 - Oil Pressure

I'm hoping to get a quick answer on this. My wife's 2018 Journey is just over a year old and I've only driven it once. I was doing a 15k oil change (my second time). I like the top accessed oil filter. After changing the oil (on cold engine), I started the engine and paged the console to the oil pressure indicator. It indicated 89 psi. (It wasn't until driving it on a trip between the first and second time that I get to play with stuff and found the pressure reading.) I thought this was a little high. Then I rev'ed the engine and the oil pressure dropped to around 35 - 40 psi. I had my wife call me this morning at work an tell me the behavior she experienced when starting her drive to work. It was the same.

I'm over 50 and this seems counter intuitive to me. It has been my experience that oil pressure goes up with higher RPMs. The oil pump is running faster. My other vehicle is an '08 dodge ram with the HEMI. It has analog gauges. The pressure is usually solid.

Is the behavior I'm witnessing on the Journey normal? I'm worried that something may be up with the oil filter. Someone tell this old guy if he's worried for nothin'

Stan

Quick Reply: 2018 Journey Crossroad w/V6 - Oil Pressure