Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Does the WIN module also control the keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 02:00 PM
Mezmorized
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Does the WIN module also control the keyless entry?

Reason I'm asking is because with our 2010 Journey SXT 3.5l, both key fobs will only start the vehicle. They both do not lock, unlock doors, panic alarm and remote start do not work. The WIN module (Wireless Ignition Node), to me, is basically the ignition switch in a sense. I am fairly certain that replacing the WIN module will not help with the keyless entry or other fuctions on the remotes. Both fobs have new batteries as well. Everywhere I search leads me to reprogramming the fobs, that's not what the issue is here. I'm sure there is a keyless entry module as well... I would like a part number and location of where it lives in a 2010 Journey.

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2020, 12:20 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mezmorized
Reason I'm asking is because with our 2010 Journey SXT 3.5l, both key fobs will only start the vehicle. They both do not lock, unlock doors, panic alarm and remote start do not work. The WIN module (Wireless Ignition Node), to me, is basically the ignition switch in a sense. I am fairly certain that replacing the WIN module will not help with the keyless entry or other fuctions on the remotes. Both fobs have new batteries as well. Everywhere I search leads me to reprogramming the fobs, that's not what the issue is here. I'm sure there is a keyless entry module as well... I would like a part number and location of where it lives in a 2010 Journey.

Thanks!
Hi Mezmorized, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Key. We understand you are reaching out to fellow forum members, however if you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer.
Rob
DodgeCares

Old 02-25-2020, 07:16 AM
Mezmorized
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not taking it to a Dodge dealer. My question will not be answered. It will just be a bunch of smoke and mirrors due to not wanting to be liable for the answer they will give me. Been there, done that.

I'm certain there are others on the forum that members are perfectly capable of answering. Heck, you might even be capable of answering but chose to refer me to a dealer (see liability comment).

Last edited by Mezmorized; 02-25-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Does the WIN module also control the keyless entry?